“Great Staff and Loved the Room. Like the Parking Garage.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   423 West 300 South (Broadway), Salt Lake City, UT 84101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Lyman, South Carolina
“Great Staff and Loved the Room. Like the Parking Garage.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Really Enjoy this Hotel. Love the Room and views from certain sides of the Hotel. Love the fact that the outdoor mall is 1 Block away and including the MegaPlex Stadium seating Movie Theatre. Most Dining is within walking distance and the Parking Garage is great for feeling safe.

Room Tip: I have had both the King Studio and King 2 room Suites. I enjoyed both. If you are alone Studio is f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice! Check-in was quick, underground parking easy, fast internet & comfortable beds. We had a 2 bedroom suite, it was perfect for a family of 5. Breakfast for very good. Hotel is only one block away from the mall. My only complaint relates to the temperature, the hotel's hallways were too hot.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hotel was clean. Kitchen could have been cleaner. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast and evening managers reception had decent food. They actually had enough food for all the guests who chose to particpate. (Take that, Residence Inn!) Room was comfy, but the HEAT! WAY too hot. I turned down the heat & turned on the ceiling fan, but could not cool the room. I opened the window, (even though I was on the patio level & was concerned about security) but the outside air quality was so poor/smoggy that I awoke with a sore throat & red eyes. Pool closed, exercise area fair. Hotel not in the safest area, need to be careful at night.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms around the pool (except in summer, I suppose). I opened my curtains to find a man s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed from Friday-Sunday and had to switch hotels for the week. I asked the front desk if they had availability and the girl blew me off without looking in the computer. Less than 10 minutes later I went onto their website and they had rooms available. I called the Hilton 800# because I'm a gold member and the website showed rooms on the smoking floor still available (which I accepted a nom-smoking room on a smoking floor when i checked in, in spite of specifically selecting non-smoking in reservation and commenting on a smoke allergy), so I wanted to change my hotel stay dates so I could stay in one location.
The customer service agent was very helpful, but got disconnected when she tried to three-way call the hotel supervisor. I called back and asked for the supervisor, and the girl who blew me off was again very rude, and rather than taking a message for the current supervisor, shipped my call off to the overall hotel manager who would not be back until Monday.
After finally getting messages to the supervisor and that manager, I anticipated a call back. I left my cell #, specifying that I would be out of the room all day. I never got a call to my cell or a message left at my room phone.
I was completely ignored. As nice as the hotel was, awful customer service can taint any experience.
I'd think twice before allowing anyone I know to book here. Especially if I received this quality (or lack of it) of service as a gold level member.

• Stayed January 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

What appeared to be a nice and clean hotel in a very convenient location, turned out to be an awful experience. Can't call it a nightmare since you need to sleep to get one and that turned out to be impossible due to two reasons: 1. turning off the heating in the room resulted in a room that slowly got warmer (...) and 2. the mechanical ventilation off the hotel made so much noise and buzz that even a hot sleep was not an option.

At 2.45 in the morning a very friendly staff member could only apologize and advice to file a complaint with Hilton, otherwise he couldn't do anything. The two complaints have remained unanswered (it's been two weeks now) and all that's left is a very tiresome memory of this hotel. Never again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from airo's or other mechanical machines as possible
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodland Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very clean and quiet. Great service. Nice personel. Excellent breakfast. Rooms are large and kitchen has all you need to prepafe or warm up a meal. Nice and well equippped gym room. internet connection easy to use and fast.
The underground parking space is very useful in the winter. Place is very close to all downtown attractions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great Location, easy access to highway. Overall great value and highly recommended. This was the first time I stayed at Homewood Suites and it did not disappoint me. The breakfast and evening meals were good and convenient. Rooms were clean and staff was very helpful. Only wish I would have reserved a bigger suite for my family (2 adults and 2 kids), I had the 1 room suite with a pullout bed and with all our ski stuff and the amount of days we were staying it got a little cramped. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!