“Awesome Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   423 West 300 South (Broadway), Salt Lake City, UT 84101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Awesome Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed in one of the larger suites with another couple for a skiiing vacation. Beautiful hotel. Painless check in. Free underground parking. Impressive free daily breakfast and dinner (including beer/wine) with a nice rotating menu. Room was very clean. Even brought my pregnant wife some more microwave popcorn when she had a craving! Convenient to the airport, downtown, and the ski resorts. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

After reading some of these other reviews I feel like I stayed at a completely different hotel.

My biggest issue with this hotel was the experience I had with the staff. I had a reservation for a non-smoking room, but when I arrived, late and tired from the flight, the guy behind the counter told me the only room they had available was a smoking room, and room types weren't specifically guaranteed during booking. This was absolutely not true - I called and my travel agency confirmed that I had not only a) reserved a non-smoking room, but b) room types were guaranteed by the hotel. Only after having the travel agency call the hotel directly, were they able to magically "find" me another non-smoking room (2 hours later).

I found the entire situation completely unacceptable (made even more so by the fact that I was paying a crazy rate of $309 a night). If you're a hotel in the 21st century and you choose to have smoking rooms, then you should absolutely make sure that if you confirm a room type, it's available. If for some reason it's not, the LAST thing you should do is lie, and tell the customer that their room type wasn't guaranteed.

Besides that experience, my two cents on everything else. Rooms - fine, but felt slightly dated. Location - close it was to the Gateway, but ~10 min walk from what I consider "downtown". And yes, walking at night the 2 blocks from the Gateway was scary, as I saw several homeless people (including one yelling at another one), who were the only people around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Over the past two months, I stayed at the Homewood Suites in downtown SLC and had a wonderful experience. Outside of the free daily breakfast and dinnner Mon-Thurs night (which includes beer and wine), the customer appreciation was what sold me. The staff (including but not limited to), Amber, Samah, Jamaal, Kent, Matt, Nancy, Sisilia, and Lene were teriffic. Every morning, afternoon, and night, they asked how I was doing and if there was anything that they could do to make my stay better. When an issue arose they took care of it ASAP. Because I was in and out so often, I asked for extra favors which they gladly fulfilled. I am not one to write reviews online, but I felt that this crew truly deserves recognition. Without question, I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a teriffic experience driven by an outstanding staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Garland, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I spent 1 night to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was immaculate, it was large with a kitchen, living room area and bedroom. The bed was very comfortable. It is the first and only time a front desk person has ever called us after we went to our room and asked if everything was to our satisfaction. I wish I had gotten his name because he was very efficient as well as friendly and helpful. The hotel is in walking distance to The Gateway shopping area and we took the free front runner to the city Creek shopping center. Parking was free to which was a plus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

As someone who typically looks for the best hotel in town and stays there, I never would have even considered stating here normally. However, every other hotel was booked for a convention, so I ended up here. The hotel us terrific. The rooms are new and spotless and would cost 3x as much somewhere else. Service is great also. The location is fine. Its right by a park. I did not see a single transient and walked all around at night. The people complaining must normally not live anywhere near a real city as you see more homeless people walking 50 feet in SF or Boston or Denver. I'd stay here again. My only complaint is they gouged me a bit on the rate for an SLC hotel since they could but the hotel itself is great.

• Stayed November 2012
Tuttle, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I have read a lot of reviews for this hotel and my only thought is "get real people, you can't be centrally located in any urban area without having some issues with the homeless." This hotel has access to some of the best restaurants around. The rooms are wonderful. The breakfast is five-star and free. There are also free meals Monday to Thursday for dinner. Get past what you see on the way to the hotel and rate the hotel on its own merit.

• Stayed November 2012
Hornchurch, Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel was good, spacious, clean and reasonably priced just a shame it's on top of two homeless shelters. Not great for a women on her own walking around near the hotel even in daylight, didn't feel comfortable. Would not stay here again because of the location.

You walk one block in the opposite direction and its fine, just felt uneasy near the hotel especially at night.

One other annoying thing there were no curtains so the bright lights really shone in the room

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!