“A Nice Change!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #183 of 1,212 restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American
“A Nice Change!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A nice change of pace in a busy strip mall. The staff was very friendly, service was quick, food was fresh, simple, delicious and very reasonably priced. A variety of patrons - which I like to see - moms with young children, business people, friends meeting for lunch. I'll be back to enjoy more at this gem!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Yummy food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We decided to try Citris Grill on a Sunday afternoon. It's located in a strip mall and from the outside, it doesn't look great but we'd been to a different location in the past (it's since closed down) and remembered they had good food.

We were seated immediately and even though it seemed busy because most tables were full, it didn't feel that way because the service was fast. I had a delicious sour dough turkey melt with russian dressing and coleslaw on it plus a salad ($8). The salad was a mix of greens, not iceberg lettuce. My husband had the BBQ Burger with fries ($9.50). My 9-year-old chose a cheese pizza ($5) and it looked so good I had to try it. Delicious! My 5-year-old had macaroni and cheese ($5). I'm not a fan of mac and cheese but my husband tried it and said it was very creamy, not like the instant mac & cheese you often get at restaurants.

Other options for children were: ham and cheese sandwich, grilled cheese, or chicken tenders. All children's meals came with a side choice of french fries, green beans, applesauce or a side salad plus a choice of a small soda, milk or juice.

Everything about our dining experience was wonderful. Fast service, good selection, great food, nice atmosphere. We will definitely dine here again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. George, Utah
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice little sit-down restaurant in a strip mall. Excellent service: When I said I needed to eat gluten-free the waitress had immediate recommendations. All food is prepared fresh, so it takes a little time to get your order, but my, it's worth it! Flavorful and satisfying. They carry Coke products and have full bar service, a plus in Utah.

Worst part of the experience was the parking lot. Yikes!

Park City, Utah
“Fun Neighborhood Feel - Great Ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We've long been fans of Citris Grill. It's a mid-range restaurant with extremely economical prices, interesting and diverse menu/wine list and a nice neighborhood feel. We've had nothing but great experiences there!

At first blush, you might simply pass it by - tucked into a strip mail on 33rd South next to Cafe Rio, massage and nail salon and other mall-like businesses. But inside, the dining room is robust, service is over the top good and the food is delicious!

We have a pretty standard order - small number six salad and a full rack of ribs split between my wife and I. That's just $26 and as much food as two reasonable persons can eat. Typical bill for us with drinks is under $40.

While we've standardized over time on the ribs, just perusing the menu and chalkboard specials is a real treat. Everything is creative!

Enjoy.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I had the herbs and scrambled eggs and they were really delicious! The hash browns are wonderful, not greasy. Homemade tortilla was wonderful. Everyone had something different and everyone really liked their food. Definitely a cut above is you want a great breakfast place.

• Visited February 2012