“Nice treat for Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th South
Transit: Traxs light rail, Courthouse Stop
Description: A word from The Garden Cafe - Grand America Hotel Ambassador of Special Events, Ali Raafati, works hand in hand with Executive Chef Phillip Yates to make every meal in the Garden Café extraordinary. The Garden Café’s menu pays tribute to the finest “local” ingredients Utah has to offer, such as Niman Ranch beef, Morgan Valley lamb and Zoe’s Farm produce. Our famed Sunday Brunch features live jazz and time-honored favorites such as roasted prime rib of beef, jumbo shrimp, oysters on the half shell, and Alaskan King Crab for starters…and a special buffet designed just for kids! You will want to save room for the dessert display created by our award-winning Executive Pastry Chef, Jeffery de Leon. Experience the joy of sharing good food with friends and beautiful surroundings at the Garden Café (wine list and cocktail service also available).
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Nice treat for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Another LDS restaurant we enjoyed. Wonderful view from the windows, great ambience, wonderful food. Reasonably priced, excellent service. Another must try restaurant for lunch.

Visited September 2012

77% Recommend
College Park, Georgia
“Amazing Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Five Star quality at Happy Meal prices. . .the lavish breakfast buffet here is only $15 Monday through Saturday. . .and frankly with omelet stations, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, beautiful pastries. . .I couldn't make that calibre of breakfast myself for that cost. Coffee and juice are included. The restaurant interior is lovely, but I prefer sitting outside in the lovely garden.

Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Garden Cafe - Grand American Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I violated my "Mark Twain" rule - don't eat where you sleep or sleep where you eat. I didn't sleep at the Grand American, which my colleagues said was a great place to stay, but we did eat at the Garden Cafe, their fine dining restaurant. I was sucked in by the website while searching for places to eat in Salt Lake City. Because it was the day we arrived, I picked it so as not to be pressed for time. Mistake, we were served "elf food", i.e., portions so small that it was ridiculous. I first got suspicious when I noticed the price on the Waygu strip - $26. That seemed cheap, so I asked how big the portion was - 5 oz. Fish special was even worse. Food was not bad, just not enough.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Slow and odd service... an order of a grilled cheese sandwiches for two took 40 minutes, and a bread basket and butter was delivered to our table in the middle of our meal. The hostess asked us five times if everything was okay.

Portland, Oregon
“Don't let the name "cafe" trick you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

It is the nicest "cafe" I've ever been in. It's more like elegant dining. The menus seems to change regularly so I won't make specific recommendations but the 4 dishes we had were all absolutely delicious. A bit pricey for SLC but it's a nice, quiet place to eat with great service and very, very good food.

Visited May 2012