“Great spot for lunch.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gourmandise

Gourmandise
250 S 300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84111-2502 (Formerly Gourmandie's)
(801) 328-3330
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Virginia
“Great spot for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Varied menu, well-prepared. Good, quick service, ideal for lunch. Eaten here twice on two separate trips to SLC. Been happy with both trips. The highlight of the restaurant is absolutely the pastry case! Save room for dessert.

Visited December 2011

salt lake city
“Sugar Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My eyes and sense of smell, with watering tastebuds started immediately when I looked at the vast array of sweets. You feel like ordering one of everything. Take your friends, everyone order somthing different and share the taste's. This is a neighborhood bakery and eatery. We went for the sweets towards the evening, I ordered the cannoli with pistachio nuts, creamy cheese, it was very rich. The peanut butter cookies mmmmm..... fan of peanut butter anything. The huge slice of bread pudding was thick and dense, super sweet, ask for it heated with whipped cream! The chocolate mousse was chocolaty and silky smooth . Although we were full from dinner at a different place the menu had an array of paninni;s and quiche's which Im excited to go back and try. The coffee was so-so, but its the desserts that take the crown here. We had a cute and fun waitress named Marisol, she was awsomely cool!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best value in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great food, amazing pastries and deserts. Reasonably priced. When we want a relaxed and fun meal before or after some other activity in Salt Lake City. The overall atmosphere is great and the variety of people coming and going make us feel like we are in Paris or NYC.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Panguitch, Utah
“I want it all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

They have an amazing array of baked goods and I just want to start at one end and try one of each thing! The cakes are a work of art as are the tarts and cookies. Making a decision is just about impossible. The breads are gorgeous too. I settled on a chocolate croissant finally....perfectly made.

We had the oatmeal brulee which was the best thing for breakfast ever. I'm okay with oatmeal but not the biggest fan but me and my friend thought we'd try it. First of all the oatmeal is much better than average then they top it with a layer of brulee (burnt sugar) and pile it with fresh berries and softly whipped cream. OMG....I could've eaten two.

They serve lunch and dinner too but I've only been there for breakfast and treats. Great coffee too. It's kind of a neighborhood place with just a big open room and tables. Looks like it hasn't been redecorated in decades. But who cares when you can't hardly take your eyes off the cases of pastries anyway? :)

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clarksburg, Massachusetts
“Best breakfast ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

First off, it's Gourmandise, not Gourmandie's.
While on vacation we happened upon this place after stocking up at the wine store across the street. I only got a coffee as - unfortunately - I was still full from the previous night's dinner (coffee was not great, lacked 'robustity') hubby got the Baked Custard French Toast in a Vanilla Custard, I think it may have had cinnamon in the 'toast' portion, can't quite remember the name of it. Outstanding! He often gets this sort of thing when out for breakfast and declared this is the best ever. I weaseled a bite from him and had to agree. Incredible. Our waiter was top-notch too. Very friendly and attentive in a laid-back sort of way.
Later we retraced our steps and landed here to try their lunch. Unfortunately, our lunch selections were not up to our standards and the waitstaff was seriously lacking. But maybe we set the bar too high after the incredible breakfast.
Certainly, go here for the breakfast. The pastries looked amazing too. Ambience was nice - casual, relaxed, interesting, and clean. Good music playing too, as I recall.
If we had only gone here for breakfast we would have given this a 5-star on all accounts.

• Visited August 2011