“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Christopher's Steak House Downtown Salt Lake City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,227 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 260 S. 150 W.
Transit: A Trax light rail stop is located one block east of the hotel on Main Street.
Description: Locally owned and operated, Christopher's is the Recipient of the prestigious “Best of State” award and the “People’s Choice” designation from Opentable, with an “Excellent” rating from Zagat; Christopher’s Seafood & Prime Steak House has been a fixture in the Salt Lake City dining scene since 1995. We’ve built our reputation on the belief that the finest ingredients yield the finest dishes; 21-day dry aged USDA Corn Fed Beef, the Freshest Seafood Flown in Daily from around the world and Organic Locally Sourced Produce, are the building blocks of our award winning menus. From our mouth watering hand-cut USDA Prime Filet Mignon to our Giant Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs, Christopher’s is sure to please any palate. We offer an extensive Wine list and full Liquor bar.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have eaten once at the Draper restaurant (with a group) and twice as a couple at the downtown restaurant. Each experience has been wonderful. We particularly enjoyed our experience downtown. If you are looking for large portions, look someplace else. If you are looking for high quality food, well prepared and presented in an environment that is well paced and allows for lingering conversation, then this is the place for you. The downtown restaurant has beautiful wood paneling, terraced levels of dining (which helps separate you from other diners) and wall after wall of original art. Our 2 servers (Nicholas one time and Joey another) were very attentive without hovering. They engaged in conversation and were well versed on all items on the menu. We will certainly go back again. I just don't understand the negative reviews

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orem, Utah
“Comparable To Other High-End Steak Houses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We decided to try Christopher's instead of our favorite, Ruth's Chris, when we splurge in Salt Lake, and found that it was very similar--almost a clone. The place never got busy on a Friday night when a lot was happening downtown, and there were a lot of servers, etc., very anxious to please so I am surprised that others would not have gotten excellent service. I have the idea that management is trying very hard to attract customers. Our waiter was wonderfully attentive, and even gave my wife (it was her birthday)a $25 certificate for a return visit. We ordered the early dining (before 6 p.m.) special--filet mignon, salad and dessert--at a big discount, which is great at this expensive steak house. The food was tasty.. The portions aren't big and the place is very stingy with the pre-meal bread-muffin (singular). However., my drink was re-filled promptly as part of the great service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Murray, Utah, United States
“Birthday Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I took my brother to Christophers for his birthday. I was so excited because I knew it was a nice resturant that served food that he would like. When we got there it wasn't busy at all and we were seated right away. However, it took them forever to take our order. Then during the meal sometimes the waiter would fill up my water but not my brothers. I was there for his birthday and whished that they would have served him better. Then when we got our check I handed them a groupon (got $25 off). Once the waiter saw it he gave himself a 19% tip (which was not on the original reciept). There went the money I saved, and he was not 19% tip waiter good. Sooo disappointed in how they handled their business. Food was good but not worth the price you pay. Was excited to go here but will not be returning!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Delicious Filet Mignon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Me and my wife very much enjoy this restaurant. Although their food are very expensive, their quality is top-notch. It is a fantastic restaurant to bring your love one to for special occasion. Valet parking is $4.00 or street parking is available for $2.00 per hour.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Great for special occasions- unless you're rich.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Delicious food. Absolutely loved my medallions stuffed with mushrooms and wrapped in bacon. Loss of seafood as well, which I'm not a fan of but I'm weird like that. Expensive, so only go if you're comfortable dropping $120 on dinner (no wine in that, either). The lobster corn dogs are great, but sound weird.