“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Christopher's Steak House Downtown Salt Lake City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 1,219 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 260 S. 150 W.
Transit: A Trax light rail stop is located one block east of the hotel on Main Street.
Description: Locally owned and operated, Christopher's is the Recipient of the prestigious “Best of State” award and the “People’s Choice” designation from Opentable, with an “Excellent” rating from Zagat; Christopher’s Seafood & Prime Steak House has been a fixture in the Salt Lake City dining scene since 1995. We’ve built our reputation on the belief that the finest ingredients yield the finest dishes; 21-day dry aged USDA Corn Fed Beef, the Freshest Seafood Flown in Daily from around the world and Organic Locally Sourced Produce, are the building blocks of our award winning menus. From our mouth watering hand-cut USDA Prime Filet Mignon to our Giant Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs, Christopher’s is sure to please any palate. We offer an extensive Wine list and full Liquor bar.
Beaumont, California
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I were staying in downtown Salt Lake City and were planning on going to another steak restaurant for dinner. Looking out our hotel window I spotted Christopher's and we decided to walk by and check it out. We decided to give it a try and were not disappointed. The greeting was warm and friendly and restaurant was very attractive inside. Unlike some of the other reviews the service was outstanding. We split a salad for starters and we both ordered the Filet for our main course. Both of our Filets were cooked to perfection. The garlic mash potatoes were so creamy they melted in your mouth. My wife is not a fan of mash potatoes but there was not a bite left on her plate. They have a nice wine selection and we enjoyed a reasonably priced (for an upscale restaurant) bottle of Canyon Crest Merlot. Chistopher's is comparably priced to other steak restaurants like Ruth's Chris but we felt it was a bit more special and not a chain. We had a great experience and will certainly go back if we are in Salt Lake City again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tualatin
“Food Good; Service Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We thought the food was very good and the restaurant was very nice. However, the service was really bad. We needed a few more minutes to review the menu since it was our first time there (and probably our last time). The waiter did not come back to us for about 10 - 15 minutes. At the end of our meal, he went over the dessert menu and said he would be back in a few minutes. It was at least 20 minutes before he came back and they were not at all busy in the restaurant either. I wanted to complain to the general manager at the front of the restaurant, but there was no one at the front. After a few minutes, a waiter came to talk to us and got the general manager. I told him about our experience; he apologized, but that was about it. He said he would give us a gift certificate, but when I told him this was our only night in Salt Lake, he did not offer to give us anything. No that I was expecting anything, but I just wanted to let them know that our experience there was definitely way below what I expected from a relatively expensive restaurant. With the prices we were paying, I would expect much better service. I would definitely go to Ruth's Chris before I would go back to Christopher's. The food is probably better at Ruth's Chris, but I wanted to try a local restuarant while we were in Salt Lake.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Has the "look", lacks the "delivery".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our family decided to indulge in a fine restaurant experience.
Christopher's has the appearance of being one, but it coud not deliver.
The service (Jeremy) was cool and aloof, like the whole waiter-thing was a bother.
The food was way overpriced for the quantity and the flavor.
My filet was indeed cooked just right, but I've had much better meat just about anywhere.
It came with a small scoop of mashed potatoes. Period. All else was a la carte.
The salad and the dressing were nothing special.
The rest of the group "liked" their meal, but was it great? Not even close.
At these sky-high prices and it was all simply not worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Draper, Utah
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

It's pricey, but if I'm going out for a special occasion and want a good meal and service, I'm going to Christophers.

Visited March 2012
South Jordan, Utah
“Good food but pricey meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

They used to have a more diverse menu and you would get more bang for your buck. As soon as Donovans and Ruth Chris moved into downtown they changed. Disappointing to me because I felt they were superior if they had kept things the way they used to be. Still have great food just think they should not have changed the pricing and making everything so al a carte.

Visited October 2011