“Outstanding dinner and cocktails” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,226 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Light rail stop across the street
Description: Fleming's Salt Lake City, UT is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located Downtown SLC at the Gateway Mall, near Temple Square and a short distance from the SLC Airport.
San Francisco, California
“Outstanding dinner and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have eaten at Fleming's Steakhouse in Walnut Creek several times and have not been impressed. I was on business in Salt Lake City and some friends wanted to go there. I was pleasantly surprised. The decor and ambiance was very nice and inviting. Service was very attentive (maybe a little too attentive). My extra dry martini was made very well, the calamari appetizer was excellent, and my New York Strip was perfectly done. We also shared asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, and mac and cheese. The manager even came by to ask how we were enjoying ourselves

• Visited June 2013

Dana Point, California
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have eaten at different Flemings and I am always very pleased. Jeremiah, our server went above and beyond for us and especially my uncle...it was his birthday. The lobster tempura was awesome and my bone in rib eye was killer!

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great meal; very average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have dined at a majority of the great steak houses and decided to try Flemings in SLC for a special night out.

Unfortunately there were a lack of servers and service was pretty average at the best.

The 'manager' enquired as to how we were enjoying the evening (as a lot of managers do as a matter of routine), I advised that the meal was great but service was non existent, at first there was no responce, then she said that she will talk to the server, I advised it was not a server issue but a management issue as there were a severe lack of servers working. You would expect that top end restaurants can plan for an appropariate number of servers to be working.

Anyway up shot was that a token discount was offered (and accepted), but you do not go to top end restaurants to save a few bucks and have very average service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the ambiance and decor were nice and Flemings has that classic Steakhouse feel. They also have wine menus on Ipads, that, although quite cool, is also annoying.
On the other hand, the food we had off the "5 For $6 'Til 7" was average at best.
From the selection we chose the Burger, Shrimp and Calamari.
I have to admit the Calamari wasn't too bad, but nothing I couldn't make at home.
The shrimp - well it was just 4 jumbo shrimp.
The burger was the worst. Extremely greasy. The chips were just soaked in fat. The bun was burnt on the underside ( and they thought I wouldn't notice ) and the cheese was overwhelming.
And ever though it's $6, after drinks and tax it ended up being pretty pricey.
If I want grease, I'll go to McDonalds. This is not something I expect from an upper class restaurant. Even if it is from the cheaper menu.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“OMG! This is a place to celebrate and seal the deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Elegant and classy with the casualness of home is a tough call and Flemings Prime has done it! Located tucked in the NE corner of the Gateway outdoor mall, across the road from the JAZZ home at the E.A. Arena only a stones throw from a UTA TRAX stop, but the ambience is a world of it's own! Dark wood paneling, subtle lighting that you can still easily read the menu, a glass wall seperates the bar area with 2 large flat panel TV's with different March Madness games on, a locked and beautiful wine storage boasting some of the worlds' finest, white linen covered tables offering either white or black linen napkins and an open bar kitchen with multiple staff taking care of all of our dining needs. A client suggested we dine and is this ever a referral I am grateful to pass on to you.
I enjoyed the Chef's special for the night; smoked trout. It was delivered in a stunning artist stacked dish. Garlic mashed potatoes on the base with 2 layers of smoked trout, spinach and asparagas between with a thinly sliced red onion that complimented not over powered, and 2 large garlic prawns crowning it off, 2 potato fans off the side making it look almost too good to eat! It was light and all the flavors were distinct offering layers of sensory pleasing flavors. Excellent! the staff all worked seamlessly to make sure we had time to visit and yet keep our food arriving in a timely fashion.
A loaf of delicious grain bread arrived shortly after our orders were taken along with a chantilly butter and a garlic sun dried tomato butter that was keeping my tastebuds very happy.
My date had the onion soup and declared it to be one of the best he has ever had. The Fleming's potatoes were a scalloped potato dish that was wonderful and not too cheesy and rich.
For desert we enjoyed a Walnut Turtle Cake that was warm with ala mode vanilla ice cream; it too was layers of flavors that sent my tastebuds and senses doing happy dances. The chocolate was too rich to be milk chocolate and not bitter like dark chocolate can sometimes be. Just perfect!
Strongly suggest you make reservations for any night of the week, as it appears that they constantly have large groups arriving all night long.
It was pricey but then fine dining is.

• Visited March 2013