“I hope you get Mark as your waiter” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Salt Lake City
“I hope you get Mark as your waiter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Mark made our dinner that so much fun. Any 5 star restaurant would be happy to have him, We ate there last night while staying at the Peery Hotel in downtown SLC. It was a bad night for us and he just cheered us right up. The food was amazing and that bread they serve is to die for, I asked him If I could take the half of second loaf home and he not only gave me that but another fresh loaf! There are many sites in Utah but I will always go to the one on 300 South just to hope we get Mark as a waiter! Mark you made a bad situation actully fun for us as our furnance went dead on the coldest night in 2 years so we were driven to a hotel! Thanks Mark and great wine recommendation!

Visited January 2013

Southeastern U.S.
“Decent Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had a late lunch on Christmas Eve. The staff and servers were very polite and attentive. Our food arrived timely and the portions were adequate. Their food is pretty much the same at any of their chains, but always much better than average.

Visited December 2012
Roy, Utah
“Wow Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is the bomb, the Shrimp portifino is the absolute best I have tasted. Well worth the money you pay. I could eat here everyday of my life and not get tired of it. please try it.

Visited November 2012
Centerville, Ut
“Great waitstaff, but some problems in the kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I ate at the Macaroni Grill with my wife, two kids, and in-laws. We'd eaten there before and been pleased, but last night seemed to be an off-night for the kitchen staff. My father-in-law ordered the Mama's Trio, which includes chicken parmigiana. He had to send it back because the bottom was scorched -- how it made it out to our table in the first place is baffling to me. I had the Pollo Caprese, which was okay, except that the chicken breast was tough and overcooked and the arugula salad was tiny (the pasta was excellent, although if you're going to call it "caprese" there should be more than a postage-stamp-sized sliver of mozzarella, and there should be basil). My son had the Shrimp Spiedini. The shrimp was good, but the "grilled" vegetables had been dredged in oil and cooked until they were the consistency of oatmeal. I want to be clear that the problems we encountered all originated in th kitchen; our waiter (Conor) was exceptional: friendly and helpful without being intrusive, funny without being annoying, and attentive to our needs. A manager also responded perfectly when he found out my father-in-law's chicken was burnt; he immediately got a replacement dish going and brought it out promptly. Everything was handled well, but they really need to tighten things up in the kitchen.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SLC UT
“Back Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stopped in @ 6:15pm before going to the theatre, on a Saturday Night. Only had to wait 5 minutes for a table. Our server was excellent. Food was very satisfing. Love their bread with oil and vinager. We like this restaurant and will return.

• Visited November 2012