“Really so so meal - great service” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 1,244 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fine dining, steak house, seafood and other options available. Quiet, romantic atmosphere. Excellent wine list, signature cocktails and now, featuring some of Utah's best Hand Crafted beers
CultureSleuth
“Really so so meal - great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Pricey and not many vegie choices. I had salmon and rissotto, which was "fine". The homemade bread was excellent -and I don't really eat bread. Server was warm and attentive.

Visited April 2012

Boise, ID
“Great service! Okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I blame my hosts for hyping up this place to be something it is not. I should have trusted my gut to not think a Hilton Hotel lobby restaurant could have been amazing. There are far better steakhouses in SLC... I'd go again, but I'd bring my low expectations with me...

Visited January 2012
Texas
“Old World Tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We entertained a group of 10. Service and food were great. We enjoyed the appetizers, steaks, wine and desserts. Everything was delicious. We were seated right on time.

Visited March 2012
Plainville, Massachusetts
“Food was good - service could use improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We were staying at the Hilton and after a long day of work we decided to stay in and go to Spencer's. They were not overally busy and we were seated right away. It took some time to take our order and the food was very good when it came out. We shared a steak and garlic smashed potatoes. They are known for their steaks and it was cooked to perfection. The smashed potatoes had great flavor and we could not get enough of the garlic in them.

We had ordered an appetizer that did not end up coming out until we already had our dinner - they forgot about it. We did not end up touching a lot of it since our dinner had arrived.

My colleague also asked for water with no ice that took some time to get and when it needed to be refilled it was done with ice water defeating her request of no ice.

Maybe they were understaffed or it was an off night but service was not up to par for this place.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Clubby Steak House, great until dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This steak house, in the Hilton downtown, fits the bill for what you expect such an establishment to be: clubby setting, somewhat dim lighting, with booths and tables in two dining rooms and near the bar. Service was friendly and efficient. A bison steak was prepared perfectly, as was my friend's filet mignon. Sides of spinach with garlic and tomatoes, and garlic mashed potatoes were excellent and enough for both of us with leftovers. The only disappointment was dessert. The Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream was very gummy, perhaps from the bottom of the tub with a few too many thaws and freezes. My friend's bread pudding was very good, but too heavy after such a rich meal. Pricey, as you expect a steak house to be -- $60 a head, and we only drank water after a day at the ski resorts. Still recommend, despite the disappointing dessert.

Visited February 2012

Been to Spencer's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Spencer's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.