“Great food in the Hotel Monaco” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bambara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,225 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 200 South
Transit: TRAX stop on Main Street Between 200-300 South UTA Bus Stop on 200 South at Main Street
Description: Bambara: A Salt Lake City Restaurant Celebrating Past and Present With a tempting New American Bistro menu featuring a "World of Flavors" and a playful sense of whimsy and style, Bambara is one of downtown Salt Lake City's liveliest restaurants. Housed in the historic Continental Bank lobby, Bambara Salt Lake City expertly melds a sense of tradition with a very contemporary energy, at once colorful and elegant. Located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, our nationally recognized, award-winning restaurant has attracted a devoted following that expands daily.
Seattle, Washington
“Great food in the Hotel Monaco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We only ate breakfast here as we were staying in the hotel Monaco. The food was great and well portioned. Service was timely and friendly.

Visited June 2013

“Anniversary outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The waiter was awesome and the staff incredible. They even had our names on the menu! Waiter explained everything, the scallops were great accoeding to my husband, and the halibut was to die for (and I am from Alaska!)

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of the best without the pretentiousness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Simply put everything from start to finish was great! I had the filet rare plus and it was cooked perfectly. The flavor was excellent as well. They were also very accommodating in avoiding dairy at my request. I would strongly suggest dropping in for dinner.

• Visited June 2013
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate at Bambara on the recommendation of a friend. The food was delicious, the service was superb. Our waiter Jake was very attentive to our needs and anticipated them well. My wife ordered the lamb well done, but it came out significantly undercooked. Jake noticed this in passing and didn't waste time taking it back.
The food is very good, however I felt it is somewhat overpriced. The atmosphere was nice.
I would recommend Bambara for the overall experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albury
“OMG Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at motel we were staying at, he told us it had been voted best restaurant in SLC 3 or 4 times..seriously, this place was amazing, from the service to the food, there would be no way I could have been more impressed, I actually had to stop myself from licking the plate after meal and dessert, I was that close to doing it, believe me ..lol
Do yourself a favour and put this on ur list of places to eat, u won't be disappointed. wasn't cheap but wasn't all that expensive either, was well worth what u pay. and Sarah was simply amazing as our waitress

• Visited May 2013