“Excellent Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Centennial, Colorado
“Excellent Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a delayed flight due to a snow storm, I decided to take the airport shuttle to the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport. The hotel is relatively new and very clean. Best shower in a hotel that I have enjoyed for some time! Breakfast -- though not complementary -- was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Returning from Park City we stayed at the airport Hilton Garden Inn. Now this Hilton had excellent customer service. It also had a great little cafe area that served dinner fare as well as breakfast. The hotel staff were courteous and the reservations were as requested. This was a great way to end the vacation before flying back home from Salt Lake City. The rooms were excellent - clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quiet. All are well appointed, clean and fresh. Beds are comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wes M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your great comments. Please come back and see us again, when you are in SLC. I hope you enjoyed your vacation!
Round Rock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

HGI has really stepped up their decor and cozy vibe. This hotel is warm, charming and minutes from the airport. Great functional room with a wood floor entry! Loved that touch.

I travel a lot for business so room service is sometimes needed because I might not want to search for a restaurant. The food was good and breakfast had many choices.

Check in was quick and professional.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and I love the pics!
Doylestown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Hilton Garden lnn by the airport is a very nice hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and made quick order of offering bottle water and cookies during check-in. It is located sufficiently off the main highway so noise is not a problem. The room was clean and quiet. I had a two room suite, which offers a very large separate living area with a separate ½ bath, nice option if traveling with family. The top floor, my normal request was quiet; however expect to hear a few jets landing/taking-off late at night or early in the morning, nothing to shake you out of bed. The lobby and restaurant are typical Garden Inn layout and include a small bar area. I did not have time to eat breakfast so I can’t comment on the quality. I elected to eat downtown, which was only about a 10 minutes from the hotel and an easy drive.

Room Tip: Ask for upper level to avoid room noise, but expect occasional airport noise. Two room suite is wor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wes M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the decor and vibe. We look forward to your next visit and we will always have room service ready for you from 5p-10p. Thanks!
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is my first time at this Hilton Garden since it opened. The room was quiet and comfortable and best of all, I could easily adjust the HVAC where the fan ran constantly, a must for me to mask the outside sounds that inevitably occur in any hotel.
Dinner on the first night was not great and the service was very slow. I think the staff may have been caught off guard by the number of people in the restaurant/bar. To be fair, I noticed front desk staff and the assistant manager helping out where they could in an attempt to alleviate the problem and the next night was much better as was the food. No issues with breakfast at all! If you need a location near the airport I would highly recommend this property. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was the issue with food service and quality on the first night. I'll definitely stay here again on my next trip to SLC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that the dining experience wasn't a 5 star the first night. We will work hard to ensure that your next visit is a complete 5 star experience. We will look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband has been staying at this hotel for 4 months now. My 4 year old daughter and I stayed with him at this hotel for 9 days. I cannot express enough how wonderful the staff is here. We had breakfast every morning at the hotel and the food is delicious. Not just good for a hotel but really good. Aubrey was our waitress and she was friendly and kind and always smiling. We had another waiter a couple of mornings and he was also very attentive and kind. There was a young lady working at the front desk that greeted us every time we walked into the lobby. She made my daughter feel so special. My daughter insisted that we give her a Valentine’s Day card. The rooms were very nice and they were cleaned to a T every day. The cleaning people even organized my daughters stuff animals for her so a little scene was setup when we walked into our room. The beds were very comfortable. This is a new hotel so it is very modern decor. The pool is very nice and has huge windows so you can watch the snowfall while you are swimming. My daughter made a snowman in front of the hotel and the manager went out of his way to thank her for decorating and let her pick a snack from the sundry. The location is about a mile from the airport and about 2 miles from downtown. The free parking was great. I am happy that my husband is in good hands while he so far from home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wes M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure having you and your daughter stay here with your husband. When I saw your daughter making the snowman, it reminded me of my own kids and how cute they are at that age and how fast they grow. I look forward to seeing your family again. Sincerely, Wes McIlrath
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to ride out a snow storm. I just wanted to make sure that i could catch my flight next morning. Hung out at the bar on sunday night and had some food and a drink. Food was great and the service good. Rooms are nice and clean and offer plenty of space and amenities for the bussiness traveller. Wifi speedy and the coffee maker in good working order. Breakfast was great as i am used to in hilton garden inns. Shuttle was a little slow and full due to the snow on the roads but that is something no one from the hilton could have anything to do with. Will certainly book it again if i need a hotel near the slc airport!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wes M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your great response! I understand your frustration in your travel delay, due to weather. It has been a very tough year for that and we strive to ensure that all guests have everything they need, especially if there are unexpected weather conditions. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit! Sincerely, Wes McIlrath

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!