“Pillow and sheets with someones blood stains and underwear under bed.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown

You added Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101   |
Ranked #50 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pillow and sheets with someones blood stains and underwear under bed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

My wife and I checked in and went out for dinner, drinks, and dancing. When we returned to the hotel, we turned out the dim lamp and went straight to bed.

I awakened the next morning to see a dark spot on my pillow under my face. I lifted my head and realized it was blood.

I then woke my wife up and asked if I have blood on my face. She said “no”, I further looked in the mirror and nothing. We then pulled our blankets off of the bed to find more blood spots on her side of the bed and at the foot of the bed... in fact we found 3 bloody spots on the sheets and one on my pillow.

I called the front desk to advise them and they sent the manager of housekeeping to our room. By the time she arrived to our room, I had checked under our bed and there was someone’s underwear along with a bunch of crumbs or something beneath our bed. It was obvious our room had not been cleaned.
The housecleaning manager apologized profusely and said she would send someone immediately to clean our room and change out sheets. We didn’t want to hang out in the room and relax, like we had intended, while it was being cleaned so we left for a couple hours. When we returned, the room appeared clean and the sheets and pillow cases had been changed but when we looked under the bed, the men’s underwear were still there and under the bed was still filthy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
mmundel, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear Williamx,

I am so glad that I had the opportunity to talk to you on the phone and resolve the issues you had with your stay. As I stated when we spoke, I am so sorry for the challenges you experienced and I have followed up with with all the departments and personell involved to make sure we learn from this experience and not have it happen down the road.

I am excited that you were willing to come back to our hotel to celebrate your upcoming anniversary! We will be ready to serve you upon your arrival and work hard to make up for the challenges you experienced last time.

We appreciate your comments, your business and the openeness you have showed to us in allowing us to make things right.

Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
OXFORD UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed here as part of a tour group. Whilst on tour most of the accomodations were fine this property was very surprising, beautiful room with a balcony where the windows opened( when you are a smoker this is so much appriciated) beds were very comfortable and the decor was lovely. Went to the sky bar for a cocktail with my elderly mother and the girls that served our drinks were so very polite and very helpful in helping us chose a drink.l We ate in the coffee shop? downstairs and again the service was so very friendly and the food was good. Would i stay again...oh yes. Would i recommend...definately! Oh and also used the pool. Was so nice after a day travelling in the heat to have a swim.

• Stayed June 2010
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Nice location, clean room, VERY friendly and helpfull staff. Little things here and there are showing signs of age - but if that doesn't bother you then this is pleasant stay while in Salt Lake City. Only complaint is that the entrance to the sky bar was very noisy at night (till 2 am) with drunk patrons coming in and out and some hanging out in the parking lot. Very convenient shuttle service to/from airport.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
mmundel, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear LifeOfTrip,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay with us. It sounds like it was a good stay with us and we appreciate you leaving the feedback.

I am sorry about the inconvenience of the noise at the SkyBar entrance. I will pass along this comment to our security team and instruct them to keep a better eye on loud patrons coming or leaving the hotel through this entrance.

We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Again, your comments are very much appreciated and did not go unnoticed!

Take Care,

Eastbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Stayed here as part of a tour, while none of our accommodation was unpleasant this was one of the nicest.
Very clean, friendly staff and a decent location.
After a week on the road we made good use of the laundry facilities too!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
mmundel, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2010
Dear Eastbourne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and the recommendation you give for our hotel. We are really focusing on providing a very clean and friendly staff at our hotel so I am very pleased that you mention both of these in your review.

We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again soon but until then, safe travels!

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Overall the hotel was fairly outdated, but it did offer free breakfast and internet. It was clean and the staff was helpful, especially when an iron in the room stained a shirt and they took care of dry cleaning that same day. The shuttle to and from the airport was great, and on rainy days it took us down to the convention center about 7 blocks away. The "Sky Bar" was interesting.... not quite the club it's made out to be by the hotel but what can you really expect?
On a side note, there was a homeless man sleeping in a closet of an old exercise room that while we were there some colleagues stumbled upon, to which the hotel responded, "Thanks we've been looking for him." I'm not sure what that was about but I guess you get a free night if you find homeless people living in the hotel... so happy hunting.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Colorado,

Thank you for letting us know about your last stay with us. I appreciate the time you have taken and the comments you have shared are appreciated.

Our hotel is a little older than others but we try and make up for it with great value and excellent service. It sounds like this is what you experienced so we are grateful for that. Our complimentary shuttle service and Wi Fi is a big reason many choose to stay with us.

Our hotel is situated downtown so like most metropolitian downtown areas we will have an occasional challenge with homeless folks trying to get inside from the elements. We have security that is on property and our staff is trained to be on the look out for possible challenges. Over the years we have really had no challenges with transients as we have taken proactive steps at the hotel to discourage them from coming on the property.

We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and wish you safe travels until then. If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take Care,

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Stayed overnight at the Red Lion as part of a tour of the western USA , i found the hotel to be comfortable and clean with a great breakfast area, which was value for money.
My wife had the misfortune to lose her purse containing $700 while there, we are so gratful to the young couple who handed it in to reception, and on the response and the honesty of the hotel staff who returned the purse to us so promptly.
Thank you so very much.

• Stayed May 2010
Dear London,

I was very excited to read your comments concerning the honesty of our staff in returning a purse with a pretty good sum of money in it! This was fantastic news and I am so happy we were able to come through for you and your wife. It is never a good experience in losing something like while on vacation, but what a relief you must have felt in getting that purse back! I will be sure to thank my staff for their efforts here and hopefully create some more positive outcomes in the future by sharing your story!

We apprecitate you business very much and we do hope that we have to the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Your time is also appreciated in sharing this story with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Nice place, friendly staff, great little bar to relax, great breakfast. Room was clean and I loved that they had bath and body works items! Great touch! Only complaint was the thermostat was somewhat busted. Made the room a bit warm.

• Stayed May 2010
mmundel, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Dear Crissyron121,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay with us at the Red Lion in Salt Lake City. I appreciate the positive comments and will be sure to share these with the staff. We love to take care of people and are so glad your stay was a great one!

We look forward to serving you again soon and if you should need anything please do not hesitate to contact us.

Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown

Been to Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown? Share your experiences!