“Close & Convenient” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   150 North Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84103   |
Bay City, Michigan
“Close & Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

This was a cute place very convenient to downtown. The room was large, with one bedroom (my 15 y/o daughter claimed the bedroom) and small kitchen area. The bathroom was a little tired/worn, but overall the room was very nice and the location couldn't be beat. We had four nights to stay in Salt Lake City, and this place was within walking distance of everyplace we needed to go, even if it was 90+ degrees out.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Kimball. We have three small children and wanted a place where we could have a bit more space than in a traditional hotel room and also a kitchen to cook in. The Kimball was wonderful for this. It is great to be able to put the children to bed, and still have the light on, watch TV, clean up in the kitchen, etc.

We stayed in both room 225 and room 329 (because we wanted to book an extra night). Room 225 cost $30 more because it was two bedrooms but the extra $ were completely worth it. It was much, much larger not just in the extra bedroom but in the condo as a whole. I think there are two different sizes of 1 bedrooms and if you go with a 1 bedroom I would definitely spring for the larger one.

The location of the Kimball was ideal. One of the earlier reviewers wrote about the view of the temple--I think some new construction has blocked this, at least for most rooms--but the location is fabulous. We discovered parts of Temple Square I had never explored before, and I credit the easy walkable location to this. We saw the Relief Society Museum, the Church History museum, the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (we had dinner there) the Gateway mall (we had several meals there) and we did it all on foot. It was super not to have to worry about parking. (But if you're not young and healthy you might need to drive to the Gateway Mall).

The Kimball is not a new property, but it is well taken care of. The cleaning staff does a good job. We worked with one clerk that was not that competent or efficient but we also worked with another clerk (the next morning) who was outstanding--cheerful, knowledgeable and efficient.

In one of the condos we stayed in, I noticed that the decor in our condo did not match (drapes that did not really "go" with bedspread), but this sort of thing does not matter to me. Just know that the units are a bit variable, and not necessarily professionally put together in terms of interior decorating. However, they have all the furniture that one might need, and the kitchen in the bigger unit was outstanding. The kitchen in the smaller unit was unbelievably tiny, but it would have been serviceable for light duty if necessary.

I will definitely be staying at the Kimball again.

• Liked — The location and the extra space--especially in the 2 bedroom unit
  • Disliked — No pool and one very slow desk person
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SuLily
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

I stayed a week at the Kimball, and LOVED it. The staff were great, they had information of where to go right there, they even had games for kids to play in the rooms, which, although both teens and "above kid games" we played. They have a very nice exercise room, and the breakfast was good as well.
We had a one-bedroom, my parents slept in there and my sister and I switched out the couch and the EZ-Boy chair (both very confortable). The kitchen had everything we needed, and when we needed a blender we simply asked and got it within ONE minute. I can't tell you how great the view was, it was heaven.
One great historical thing for a geek like me was that on the left side of the building was a small cemetery, the Kimball family. Also it was awesome to walk out of the condo really early for spiritual walk on Temple grounds to realize the sister missionaries all reside next door!
Anyway, it was great, friendly, and everything I dreamed my first trip to Utah to be.

• Liked — the view and ambience
  • Disliked — err... the elevator was slow?
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

My wife and I come the the Family History Library twice a year and always stay at the Kimball Condominiums because we can walk through the beautifully landscaped gardens in Temple Square. There is not a more beautiful downtown section to walk in than here. Everything we need for a week is close-by. We cook our meals in a nice kitchen, relax in comfortable furniture, attend the musical events nearby and return home wanting to come again.

• Liked — It felt like a home not a hotel
  • Disliked — The Internet signal wasn't the best
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2004

Five of us "girls" stayed at The Kimball, 150 North Main St., SLC and had a wonderful time in a 2-bedroom condo there. It had a full kitchen, dining room, and living room with cable TV. Each bedroom had a separate bath and the closets were big enough to get dressed in! I would highly recommend staying at the Kimball for walkable activities to Temple Square, the Conference Center, The Family History Library, Joseph Smith Building, two shopping malls, and everything else downtown. The weather was very nice for us and we enjoyed the sunshine and flowers. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir practices on Thursday evenings which you can attend. We also watched many brides getting their pictures taken on the lovely grounds of Temple Square.

Been to The Kimball Condominiums? Share your experiences!