Overall the hotel is nice. Our first stop was the Romeo & Juliet suite. The room came with two pieces of cheese cake and a bottle of sparkling cider. Upon inspection it was a little rundown. You can tell it is one of the older rooms. The tub especially looked old. The waterfall shower was covered in water deposits/lime. There were cracks and chips, but it seemed to work well until we turned the jets on. My wife was suddenly surrounded by brown and black floaties that were gushing out of one of the jets. They told us, without coming to the room and looking, that they were rose petals that had been tracked into the tub. It was clearly not rose petals as some of them were black and fuzzy looking balls. When I first saw them I thought they were feces, but they didn't smell like it. Needless to say we weren't interested in staying in this room any longer. I complained to the front desk and they offered to move us to a different room. We were very disappointed in a room that we reserved 4 months in advance. It wasn't worth $300. We actually liked the second room better than the first. The Grand Bridal Suite was visibly a newer room. The only problem was when you turned on the water to fill the tub the shower leaked and the water was lukewarm at best. It was really late so we decided to sleep and try the tub in the morning. Unfortunately nothing changed. They offered to move us again, but time was short. We were frustrated and decided to leave. They offered to reimburse us one third of the price. I demanded a full refund and they obliged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Touch of Elegance, a Hint of Adventure. The Anniversary Inn is Salt Lake's most romantic getaway. Each of the 36 rooms is designed around a specific theme. Some are elegant like Romeo and Juliet's Suite, or the Room with a View (with an incredible view of the Salt Lake Valley). Other Suites are more adventurous like the Mysteries of Egypt Suite, or the Swiss Family Robison Suite (the bed is actually in a tree.) If you've never stayed at an Anniversary Inn, you have got to try this place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Anniversary Inn - Fifth South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anniversary Inn - Fifth South Hotel Salt Lake City
- The Anniversary Inn Salt Lake City
- Anniversary Inn Salt Lake City Utah
- The Anniversary Inn - Fifth South Salt Lake City, Utah