“Rough edges, but a decent value in downtown SLC” 3 of 5 stars

Metropolitan Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   524 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101   |
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Moscow, Russia
“Rough edges, but a decent value in downtown SLC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Rooms are clean and functional, very nice beds, but some exterior features such as the elevator seem to be on their last legs. If you need a basic budget stay within walking distance of all the downtown SLC, just the ticket.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This was my second stay at the Metropolitan Inn and It was truly enjoyable I was with in walking distance of all the places I wanted to visit. The Room was really clean and comfortable, the Breakfast was sufficiant for my wants. The employees were more than helpful in what ever I needed. I didn't spend much time in my room as I was out and about enjoying the sights and the area. Also the Price was right. and I didn't pay for a lot of things that I don't need or use. I will truly stay at the Metropolitan Inn when I return to Salt Lake again. Thank you for making my stay a pleasure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This place was clean and well located. The bed was great, the breakfast was ok and the price was right.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

The hotel seems to be a little past it's prime. It seems a bit tired and frayed around the edges. The free continental breakfast consisted of everyone standing around the little toaster in the lobby and a basket of bananas and apples. The pool was out of order, this was not mentioned when I phoned the front desk before our arrival. The way it looked it had been out of order for many many months. The staff is very friendly but this place is a bit like an old arthritic dog that served it's purpose in the past but now maybe should be put out of it's own misery. It was also much farther from the convention center than i was led to believe on the phone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel fraudlently assesses charges to get more money from you. The bed was hard and carpet filthy. The sink had hair in it and tub was dirty. Never again will we stay here.

Room Tip: Stay Away and pay a little for a clean and honest facility
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Room was small but very clean. Rachel @ front desk was super-friendly & very helpful in locating a restaurant within walking distance. Elevator was scary and made frightening noises so after using it once I took the stairs. The rate I booked the room for wasn't awful but could have been better I learned after-the-fact since I was in town for surgery. My biggest complaint would be the beds - Tempurpedic. I am seriously hoping the Metropolitan Inn got these beds for free because it was like sleeping on a brick with a bit of memory foam on top - not at all comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
POCATELLO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Drove 2 1/2 hours to SLC the night before early morning surgery. Was told on phone when I made reservation I'd get 'hospital rate' of $59, but at check-in manager said ,"Conference in town. Full rate of $145." It was late, places were full, we were tired and hungry, so I took the room. Got up before 6am to shower for surgery. The tub backed up and as I began to shampoo my hair RAN OUT OF HOT WATER! After finishing my cold shower I called the night clerk. Both he, and the manager I spoke to on check-out were decidedly uninterested, and both said "Oh, sorry. The hotel is full. Guess that's why you ran out." I sent the 'manager' a copy of this complaint, saying that if I did not have a response in a week, I would send the review on tripadvisor. No response.

The facelift on the property, the mattress, and location were positives. There were no 'Rate your stay' cards in the room, for obvious reasons. The management pointedly does not care
about your experience there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Metropolitan Inn? Share your experiences!