“Nice but some traffic noise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport

You added Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1990 West North Temple Street, I-80 at N Temple St/ Redwood Rd Exits, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Nice but some traffic noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Motel 6 is right on the highway - literally. So expect some vehicular noise. We considered this motel for this reason but the noise was not so much a worry as we thought. We were headed towards San Francisco and stopped over in Salt Lake City for the Lake the city is named after. It is as good an any Motel 6. No bath tub but a clean room and bathroom. Nothing dated and fairly good for an overnight stay. Would surely consider again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm a good-sized man and not easily spooked. But, I never felt at ease at this place. I made sure to park my car as close to my room as I could and under a light. Too many long term residents that made you feel like you were invading their space. Couldn't leave there soon enough in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is absolutely terrible.

1. The price is laughable.

2. They have somehow built the place ON the freeway so if you're staying there for sleep be prepared for a nonstop symphony of engines and car horns.

3. I personally saw a handful of drug deals go down right outside my room, so if you're into living dangerously this place is for you!

4. The carpet was horribly stained and smelled vaguely of urine.

5. The front desk made a huge deal when I requested enough towels for all of my party: 3 people.

6. The internet is expensive. I'm not sure why they even charge for it.

7. There is nothing complementary about this location. Shampoo? 2$. Razor? 1$. They would charge for ice if they could!

8. They tried charging me for ice. I took my ice bucket to the ice machine (which is located at the main desk) a few times before I left and the lady at the front desk said if I wanted to use anymore ice that it would $3.99.

9. The second floor railing litterally fell off next to my room.

10. The room above me had two people who fist fought all night long. When I called the front desk to see if I had accidentally checked in to a boxing arena I was promptly told that. I picked the wrong neighborhood if I expected anyone to care about people fighting.

I will never stay here again. I will never stay at a motel 6 again.

• Stayed July 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear mynameisbuckand - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness, odor, service, safety and maintenance conditions you encountered are certainly not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Be advised: this Motel 6 location is sub-standard. You will find one (1) single thin white towel in each room -- no washcloths or bathmat, mind you. If you call the front desk to request another towel, you are told that they have "run out." The manager is apparently too cheap to purchase additional towels. Do yourself a favor: stay at one of the other Motel 6 locations in Salt Lake City, Utah.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
salt lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Checked in, lady was nice, sitting in my room now eating pizza, dogs always stay free, they got a tv and a shower, and for like $40.00 can't be beaten! I would recommend staying here is you want some thing cheap and only the basic stuff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side is where you can take your dog out.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friend & I stayed here for 4 nights in Salt Lake City, we were on a budget and just decided to get something basic as we would be out during the days and only using it to sleep... well we shouldof just spent a bit more money & stayed at a super 8! DON'T STAY HERE!! Even if you think you can deal with it, it is SO much worth it to spend a bit more for something nicer! It is the worst motel I have EVER stayed in! The floors were covered in crushed cheerios, and they were dirty and not vacuumed since who knows when. The sheets had BLOOD splattered on them & cigarette burn holes. The bathroom floor was dirty. The towels were never replenished or taken away unless we happened to be there when 'room service' came and we specifically asked. The ONE garbage in the whole room was never emptied for us, we had to do it ourselves. We called front desk one morning before leaving & asked for the floors to be vacuumed that day, when we came back it was not done. We had to ask room service when it came by and we happened to be there if we could have it done & he asked if we wanted to do it.... like really... we had to vacuum our own disgusting room. I slept on top of the sheets because they were so stained, the comforter was equally as gross. Snow removal was horrible & no salt was put down & it was SUPER slippery after freezing rain! The people at the desk were adequately nice. Other than that...horrible place. Save your money. Also no fridge or microwave which wouldof come in handy considering they didn't have any breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was the final overnight stop my partner & I had on our cross-country road trip from Vermont back home to California last Summer, & it was well, ewwww....stained linens, dust and hair everywhere, run down feel to the location and building, and well. I've NEVER been fond of hotels right near interstates. The bathroom was clean I guess, and the pool was ok, but I would NEVER stay at this location again. We did receive a FULL refund (after arguing for it) from the front desk -- unpleasant! Housekeeping was nice though. Wi-Fi service was spotty to non-exsistant, and I never did get a refund for the $2.99 I shelled out for that though. We stayed at other Motel 6's on our trip, and this was by far the WORST!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple