“Convienent and cheap, safe place to sleep.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport

You added Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1990 West North Temple Street, I-80 at N Temple St/ Redwood Rd Exits, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Ranked #67 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Convienent and cheap, safe place to sleep.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

After a long flight from London with a connection in New York. We were tired and needed somewhere close to the airport . We were driving straight to Yellowstone the next day and not staying in Salt Lake City so this was perfect for us as it was easy to find and right on the interstate. Very basic but that's what you would expect. Felt very safe, no problems checking in especially as it was after midnight when we arrived. Our room faced the road and it was quite noisey so with adjusting to a new time zone and road noise it wasn't the best nights sleep but it was fine for a stop over. Best of all Denny's is down the street before the exit to the interstate - a great place for a great breakfast before driving!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Panama City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Me and my father stayed the night before flying home and the staff was nice room was in a good location but it was dirty and I am a traveler on a budget so I dont expect much but I do want clean and this was not The bathroom was terrible

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is very confortable, and the location is very quiet. Next to the airport and about 10 mins from Downtown Salt Lake, and just two blocks away from a "food court" (Intersection of North Temple and Redwood)
The front desk staff is just excellent, very kind and efficient, specially Mr. Kyle and "a bald guy" wich unfortunatelly I dont remenber the name...=/
Excellent experience...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this motel because I was traveling with my parents, they wanted a budget motel and mentioned this hotel. I know that it is cheap for a reason so I knew not to expect a lot and decided to give it a try. Next time I will be sure to spend the extra money. We got in fairly late and when we I got to my room it looked ok, but the bathroom was dirty. There was something (hopefully mud) on the floor that i had to put paper towels over and push out of the way. I know I could have called for a different room but I figured that all the rooms would be about the same and I take it as a lesson learned. The rest of the room wasn't awful, but obviously it was bare minimum. I was also surprised that there was no alarm clock in the room. Again, I know when I book a cheap room like this that I shouldn't expect much, but I do expect my rooms to be clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

For $40 I expect a clean hotel with the basic amenities such as a clean bathroom & towels, clean sheets & a relatively safe area. I got all of these things here. Was it run down, yes of course, but if I wanted updated & new then I would stay at the Hilton.

I have an allergy to smoke, so I asked to see a few different rooms & choose the best smelling. I chose the first one, which smelled clean & like new carpet. The walls were also freshly painted. Big bathroom, rundown. Small thin towels. All things I expected. GREAT location to Salt Lake City & the airport. I'd reccomend it for people with realistic expectations of a budget hotel. I had no problem with safety or noise.

• Stayed March 2012
Carmichael, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

The room wasn't very clean, the shower was very dirty, the glass in the shower. The beds were hard and it was very nosiy. Close to the freeway. Very old building. No blow drier.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I chose this hotel to save money. I did just that, but I also missed the ammenities and comforts of the Choice Hotels group. If you want to book this $39 / day bare-bones motel ask first about the mass transit construction at the entrance. It can be a nuisance. I chose it over others because the website advises that they have a pool. However, it was already "closed for the summer" before Labor Day. Other than that, it's a typical economy motel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport? Share your experiences!