“HOPE THE NEXT PERSON GET A CLEAN ROOM” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport

You added Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1990 West North Temple Street, I-80 at N Temple St/ Redwood Rd Exits, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Ranked #64 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Panama City, Florida
“HOPE THE NEXT PERSON GET A CLEAN ROOM”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Me and my father stayed the night before flying home and the staff was nice room was in a good location but it was dirty and I am a traveler on a budget so I dont expect much but I do want clean and this was not The bathroom was terrible

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is very confortable, and the location is very quiet. Next to the airport and about 10 mins from Downtown Salt Lake, and just two blocks away from a "food court" (Intersection of North Temple and Redwood)
The front desk staff is just excellent, very kind and efficient, specially Mr. Kyle and "a bald guy" wich unfortunatelly I dont remenber the name...=/
Excellent experience...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this motel because I was traveling with my parents, they wanted a budget motel and mentioned this hotel. I know that it is cheap for a reason so I knew not to expect a lot and decided to give it a try. Next time I will be sure to spend the extra money. We got in fairly late and when we I got to my room it looked ok, but the bathroom was dirty. There was something (hopefully mud) on the floor that i had to put paper towels over and push out of the way. I know I could have called for a different room but I figured that all the rooms would be about the same and I take it as a lesson learned. The rest of the room wasn't awful, but obviously it was bare minimum. I was also surprised that there was no alarm clock in the room. Again, I know when I book a cheap room like this that I shouldn't expect much, but I do expect my rooms to be clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

For $40 I expect a clean hotel with the basic amenities such as a clean bathroom & towels, clean sheets & a relatively safe area. I got all of these things here. Was it run down, yes of course, but if I wanted updated & new then I would stay at the Hilton.

I have an allergy to smoke, so I asked to see a few different rooms & choose the best smelling. I chose the first one, which smelled clean & like new carpet. The walls were also freshly painted. Big bathroom, rundown. Small thin towels. All things I expected. GREAT location to Salt Lake City & the airport. I'd reccomend it for people with realistic expectations of a budget hotel. I had no problem with safety or noise.

• Stayed March 2012
Carmichael, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

The room wasn't very clean, the shower was very dirty, the glass in the shower. The beds were hard and it was very nosiy. Close to the freeway. Very old building. No blow drier.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I chose this hotel to save money. I did just that, but I also missed the ammenities and comforts of the Choice Hotels group. If you want to book this $39 / day bare-bones motel ask first about the mass transit construction at the entrance. It can be a nuisance. I chose it over others because the website advises that they have a pool. However, it was already "closed for the summer" before Labor Day. Other than that, it's a typical economy motel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here on the way through Salt Lake City on a cross country trip. I knew enough not to expect anything fancy, just a clean, safe place to sleep, but sadly this was not it. It's just so old, and run down that despite the fact that it looked like they had consistent housekeeping, it's just not enough to fix the fact that this place has seen better days. Sheets didn't fit on the bed and when they came off, revealed a mattress about 30 years old and stained. The surface of the shower was peeling off and the shower head had a hole next to it revealing crumbling drywall. The area that this is located also made me feel unsafe, and the other guests were a bit "shady". Heavy road work is being done directly outside the Motel and made it very difficult to navigate in and out of. The only plus was the extremely nice man who checked us in at the front desk. He probably realizes that customer service is the only thing left going for this place. Motel6 Corporate-please just retire the one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport? Share your experiences!