“Great bar and location to grab a drink!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Columbus, Ohio
“Great bar and location to grab a drink!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been told by friends that have lived here that Gracies has a good location and solid "feel" to it. It has a great selection of beers, and all the normal wines and liquors too of course. While very popular with the 20 something to 30 something crowd, it does not have the "meat market" feel to it which was nice. Outdoor patio and bar was a really nice surprise and seems to be one of the few like it in Salt Lake.

Parker, Colorado
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was a completely new experience, and I thought I new most of the top spots in SLC, but Gracie's must have appeared on the scene during my 6 year hiatus of visits here. A business associate suggested it for a later, casual dinner. It is loud, edgy bar with lots of tatoos and body piercings. However, the beer was cold, the service attentive and the food was great for bar food. It was located immediately behind my hotel, so the convenience was 5+. Check it out for the people watching, local beers and very good food.

Becker, MN
“Good place at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I heard their live jazz music and simply followed it! The food was good and great value!!! The only complaint I would have was the heavy cigarette smoke on the patio! But overall a great place! And their fried cornbread with blue berries is delicious!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City
“They treat their costumers terribly!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My experience at Gracie's was terrible. I was unimpressed by the management and the way they treat their costumers.

My background: I am a long time employee of Nordstrom and I have been in the service industry for 7+ years. I have been awarded costumer service 'All-Star' for Nordstrom.

I went to Gracie's on 5/10/13 for a friends birthday. The plan was to start off at Gracie's with a few drinks and maybe a bite to eat. I have been there a few times before and never had a problem, until now, and I will never be back.

After ordering a Mojito at the bar on the main level, my friends and I were on the top floor patio enjoying the great weather we had been having. I went to the upstairs bar to order a drink and noticed that there was about 10 shots sitting on the counter that had already been poured. A gentlemen approached me and told me to "help myself to a shot", doing just that I took one and made my way back to my friends on the patio.

Once outside again, I then noticed a man following that looked like he was an employee. He came up to me and accused me of not paying for a drink and told me that I needed to leave because the bartender was upset. I explained to him the situation and apologized for the miscommunication. I offered to pay for the drink, but the man insisted that i "get out". I had no other choice but to walk myself out. I then returned and asked to speak with a manager and then talked to an older, grey-haired gentlemen that i assumed was the manager. I then again explained the situation to him, I made it a point to offer to pay for the drink that i was accused of stealing. My willingness to set things right did not matter, and he also insisted that I leave the establishment.

The thing that upsets me the most is not that they wouldn't listen to me as their costumer, they wouldn't even allow me to make it right and pay for the drink I had not even ordered after I acknowledged that there could've been a misunderstanding. I am not a thief and was very embarrassed to be accused of one in front of a large group of friends. You are supposed to listen to your costumers, especially when they are more than willing to set it right.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bountiful, Utah
“Patio, Patio, Patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Right Downtown, a favorite of the local media types of all stripes.

Great place for lunch, particularly when the weather is cooperating. Upper and lower patios with views of the city skyscrapers, privacy fenced off from sidewalk traffic and umbrellas/shade tarps for those wanting to avoid the sun.

Attractive staff, a good menu for all tastes and good quality food and a downtown location are the hallmaks of Gracies. We wish they had their own parking, but the paid lot next door is ample enough and many days just after the lunch hour, you may find open street spots (which are also paid..just less), but that's the story for most of the downtown spots.