“Exceptional Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. I stayed for 3 nights in February. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quiet and exceptional. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I took the transit system from the airport that dropped off across the street of the hotel, so transportation was super easy. The Brooklyn Nets and Boys II Men were in the hotel at the same time I stayed, so I know this is the preferred place to stay in SLC. The food was great. I stayed to attend a conference and all meals were catered and no complaints on anything. No detail was missed during my stay. I would definitely return if ever in SLC again. Oh, and if you visit the hotel, visit JouJou the toy store in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is our kind of hotel. Large, well furnished room. Large public areas. Large outdoor swimming pool. As so many guests were there on business, it was quiet during the day, which we liked.
We ate in the dining room one night and the food was absolutely fine, if a little unexciting. The cakes in the patisserie were excellent.
It's an easy tram ride into the city centre.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is fancy...and the people staying there reflect it, generally. The suites are beautiful; everything you touch and see is top-notch...from the lobby to your room, nothing is overlooked. But, because of the formality, it's a bit stuffy.

The staff is very helpful with ANYTHING you need...just know that it's gonna be a high-end experience in all ways.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Dowdy D-

Thank you again for your most thoughtful feedback and for recommending us so highly. We certainly recognize there are many options available for your consideration in the Salt Lake City area. We are honored you chose the Grand America on this occasion and for the opportunity to earn your trust. Have a happy and safe rest of your summer! We look forward to welcoming you and back in the future and until then, we will remain at your service.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights; it is certainly grand. The indoor pool and spa are super nice and great for relaxing. Massage could have been better as well as the food in the cafe. Large, gorgeous flower bouquet in the lobby upon entering. The bellhops are friendly and professional. Definite sweet spot in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear sarahlikesthat-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Grand America Hotel. We were delighted that the service quality and facility met your expectations and will share your comments with our staff. We are humbled by your kind remarks about our team and the Grand Spa. We will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed here for a conference and immediately I was impressed with its luxurious interior. First class service and accommodations. My bathroom looked like versailles… it was an experience not to be missed or forgotten!

Room Tip: do the afternoon tea! its lovely
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Grand America Hotel was just what we needed after five days in Moab sizzling in the hot desert environment. After hiking, climbing, and just over-exposure, the cool pool, luxurious environment with a little spa time worked wonders for us before returning home.
I have never really been a spa girl but I put together my own little package with an express facial, express pedicure and EXTENDED massage with Meagan for a fairly reasonable price. Well, maybe not really reasonable. $300 is a TON of money to spend on all this fluff but I really felt like I'd rather spend it there than shopping and received excellent treatment above and beyond what I expected! The service here was wonderful, the rooms were large and beautiful. I enjoyed the view of the city and the mountains.
The only thing lacking was in the concierge department-- Neither of the girls working this week were able to answer any of my questions. She told me to stay away from the Great Salt Lake (which I found to be stunning at sunset-- no smell, no bugs and a fantastic drive through Antelope Island.) She did not know where to find real, fresh juice or how to have it delivered to the hotel. There is not a place at this time that you can just walk to so they do deliver but neither concierge could help arrange this but apparently the juice company makes daily deliveries to the hotel. She directed me away from the Yoga studio I wanted to walk to (The Parlour-- another great find) and when I asked about yoga, she did not tell me about the community class that was offered right there in the hotel THAT EVENING! The girl working in the business office was extremely efficient and helpful but the policy that a guest must pay $5 for every 15 minutes with no option for an extended use pass purchase, was disappointing. I lost my iPad on my flight (it was returned by Delta) so I really needed to spend a little time working once we arrived in SLC and could not justify the expense there at the hotel. These days not many people need this service so the cost is unjustifiable. Regardless, I am a pretty good at exploring in unfamiliar cities and found computer use elsewhere.
We found the Grand America to be a wonderful oasis! I doubt I will be able to stay anywhere else in town. The Grand America made our few days in Salt Lake City delightful!

Room Tip: Room 1179 was quiet, clean, facing the mountains and city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Kristin z,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand America Hotel! We were delighted to read your review. Thank you for highlighting the excellent service you received as well as our beautiful rooms and the Grand Spa. We are happy you were able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel. I am sorry the Concierge was unable to provide you with the details of the city you were looking for. We are constantly striving to stay up to date on the best local businesses and happenings. Thank you for reviewing your favorite local attractions! We look forward to having you return as our guest in the future. Until then, we remain at your service.

Best,

Annie Fitzgerald I Director of Guest Experience
afitzgerald@grandamerica.com
The Grand America Hotel
Altoona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

It has the right to call itself Grand.. The room at an on line rate of $229 per night was amazing... huge! comfortable and clean... the bathroom was bigger than some Parisian hotel rooms I've stayed in :) Staff were very friendly and helpful. The decor in all parts of the hotel was very nice. Food in the bar was very good - late evening limited menu and the price for food and drinks wasn't bad considering the luxury hotel. It is right next to the Trolley to downtown or enjoy the walk for good restaurants and interesting locations, a very large antique/unique book store for instance.. When in SLC you have to eat at Red Iguana .. worth the 15 min drive and minimum 30 mins wait for their mole. Sawadee Thai was excellent too.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear aussiejb1949 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Grand with us. Feedback is such an important part of our effort to keep improving the Grand's hospitality experience. Thank you again for your kind remarks and for recommending us so highly.

Been to Grand America Hotel? Share your experiences!