“Enjoyed the Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Enjoyed the Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for a conference and the hotel is very good. We had a corner room that looked out to the mountains and city. It's centrally located and right down from the train stop. We were two stops from the mall. The atmosphere was fun and the room was very comfortable. They have very good room service and a nightly turn down service. The bar area in the atrium is considered a restaurant, so you have to buy food; didn't really care for that too much. The rooms are a little pricey, but very nice and we did get to see the Atlanta Hawks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

722 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Korean first
Lehi, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We chose Grand America for our Anniversary weekend again this year and it did not disappoint. It is such a beautiful property with large, comfortable rooms-Love the bathrooms too! This time we were on the 24th floor (the highest one) and had two balconies, which was very nice. I would not recommend, however, staying in a south facing room on the weekend. We were right across the street from a night club and the base was booming until the wee hours. I had really hard time getting asleep, but with some ear plugs and white noise from my app I finally did. We love the bakery and the charming toy shop in the hotel and even though we were only 20 miles away from home, it really feels like a nice getaway.

Room Tip: If you are looking for relaxation or romance (assuming on the weekend) avoid the south facing rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent two nights in a King suit. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I liked the security. I was also asked of they could help me when I was wondering around and I am an older white woman. Sorry second 22 but I don't think it had anything to do with you being black. One problem with the decor. It is all very pastel. It is boring. There are no pops of color anywhere. The restaurant was nice but the lighting was awful. We were told that it is being redone because it is just not good. The food was great and the wait staff excellent. The real downside were the add ons. The rooms are just too expensive to have such add ons. $10 everyday for parking. $10 every time you use the pool or exercise room. I have stayed in many very nice hotels and this is unheard of. To judge from the talk I heard in the elevator, everyone seemed to feel the same way. It is so petty. It makes it look like the hotel is pinching pennies to survive. Not a good look. What ever you do, don't miss the lovely garden in the center of the hotel. It is special in the middle of a city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in an executive king suite before and after a recent ski trip to Park City. The entrance and lobby are very impressive, ranking up there with a Four Seasons or Ritz. The rooms are the same caliber, except that the bed and pillows could have been, both in my opinion and that of my wife, more comfortable. We had an incredible breakfast each day at the hotel (try the banana pancakes). The only reason for a very good vs. excellent rating is the service. By no means was it poor. People were friendly and helpful, albeit a little slow at the front desk check in. Given the decor and formality of this hotel, I continually, perhaps unconsciously, compared its service with the experiences I have had at other 5 star properties, including those hotels named above. I did not feel the service met my other experiences. However, for the money, it’s a great hotel nonetheless.

Room Tip: executive king rooms, for the slight additional cost, is well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was the most amazing thing i have ever seen. Even if you can afford to stay there, you still should go see it. Even the bathrooms make you feel like a princess. We had drinks in the bar and also bought chocolate from the little french shop!! It was an amazing thing to see!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I tell you, this hotel is awesome. Most of the staff is nice, the lobby is large and quiet and everything in this hotel is grand indeed. My daughter recommended it. We had some kind of cocktail hour in the lobby and toured the whole place. Just nice! The rooms were grand and elegant, just a beautiful hotel. Even the muffins are grand and on July 4th, they had a nice reception for the guests and spared nothing. There were the appetizers, and the fireworks which we were able to observe from the top. We had a welcoming gift from the manager, with beautiful chocolate and fruits. Just nice. The only downside, and I will be honest with you, is that some of the employees we met near the parking, maybe housekeepers were not friendly at all. I was standing at the garage and one drove roughly in, almost ran into me and barely said a word to me. And when I was touring the hallways, looking at some of the displays or decors, one guy, seems like a securiy guard, asked, can we help you? I am a black lady and I did not like the way I was approached. I remember that very well. Apart from that, the staff was excellent.

Room Tip: It is all good, they are all grand in service.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Grand America for a work conference. While it wasnt my first choice, it turned out to be a great stay. The service is exceptional and probably one of the top qualities of the hotel and the property is well maintained. The lobby and first impression is grand in the sense that there is lots of marble and wood panelling. The reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because the property can feel dated, particularly due to the amount of brass fixtures and floral pattern carpets and upholstered furniture. Looks more like the type of room my grandmother would have enjoyed during the 90's, but the room size and great bathroom makes up for it. Overall would stay again.

Special mention for their breakfast. The omelet's are awesome, especially if you get one with roasted tomatoes.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand America Hotel? Share your experiences!