“Everything you expect from Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia
“Everything you expect from Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2006

The quintessential Marriott experience here. Very good central location combined with spacious, well-appointed rooms, a good restaurant, a Starbucks and a very reliable staff. You can't ask for alot more than that!

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2006

I stayed at the Salt Lake City Marriott City Center on a recent business trip. I was in town on business at the convention center; while it is not exactly across the street from the convention center, it was well worth the two block walk to stay in the comfort of this hotel. While the hotel can not be compared to a Four Seasons Hotel, this hotel has to be one of the best hotels by a Marriott I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in many. The beds are comfortable, the carpets looked clean, free internet access, and one of the best hotel gyms I have seen. Its not the Four Seasons SF hotel gym, but compared to a Hyatt or a Hilton; this hotel is at the top of the class. I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. The food from room service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2005

Great location. Located on an outdoor square. Only two blocks from the Convention Center and within walking distance of Temple Square.
Rooms are good size with large bathroom.Lots of thick towels. Duvets on the beds. Nice lounge chair with a foot stool, and a large desk. Twelfth floor has a nice concierge service. Room service food is excellent. Great breakfast buffet in the main restaurant. Starbucks on main level. The pool area and jacuzzi is large and very clean. The fitness room has large glass windows and lots of machines.
If you like Thai food try the Five Star restaurant next door. Good Mexican food at the Red Iguana, about a block away.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2005

We stayed at the Marriott SL City Center from 9/10-9/12/05 and found the hotel accommodations to be very nice. Rooms were nice size, beds comfortable. Our room overlooked a park and the local TV station. Very sunny room in the late afternoon. The only negative things we could say about the hotel is that the soda machine in the halls charged $1.75 for a bottle of pop (we stopped at the local 7-11) ... and the lounge off the lobby is very smokey and prohibitted us from stopping to have a drink and watch the game. It was great having Starbucks downstairs, however. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed September 2005
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for my college graduation. This hotel is excellent! It is the best I have ever stayed at. The service at all levels is outstanding. I found the front desk to be especially helpful and friendly. They even gave me a little map to follow when I needed to walk a few blocks to my graduation without me asking! The hotel is spotless and the rooms are immaculate! The beds are heavenly to sleep in and the fluffy robes in the room were a welcome surprise. Even though my room overlooked a traffic intersection, this was probably the quietest hotel room I have ever slept in. The exercise facility is impressive with loads of machines from cardio to weights. The pool area and hot tub were very clean and spacious. I did not have the chance to eat in the restaurant, but we ordered room service for breakfast and the food was very good. I recommend ordering the crunchy french toast! I got this room rate extremely cheap, but I would have been willing to pay more for the outstanding service and attention to detail. Also, it is $10 to self park, but only $12 to have valet parking. My advice is for the valet parking, otherwise you will be parking in a garage. The valet service was excellent and a welcome relief after a long day of driving. This hotel is close to everything and I highly recommend you consider it if you are travelling to Salt Lake City!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

As with the other reviewers, we enjoyed our short stay here. We chose it for its downtown location. It was fairly easy to get to from the highway although the parking garage entrance and one way streets made it a small challenge to get to the front of the hotel. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Got a decent rate on Priceline, well below the rack rate.

• Stayed July 2005
Salem, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

We stayed at the Marriott City Center for 4 days during the middle of June. We paid for one night and used Marriott points for the others. They upgraded us to a suite, which was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful making reservations and giving us directions. The hotel was in excellent condition (one of the newer Marriott properties).

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Salt Lake City City Center? Share your experiences!