“Good one night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just stayed the one night, found everything to be good. Rooms large and beds comfortable. Breakfast terrible sorry to say., little food left at Buffett and was only 8.30am. Check in and check out was easy and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Annrod,

I'm glad you enjoyed your guestroom and thank you for the feedback on our breakfast buffet. I will share your comments with our culinary team as they continuously look for ways to improve.

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Front desk was not friendly. We are SPG member and stayed because Sheraton is usually great and has no fee for small dogs. Rate was more than Hilton which includes wifi but charges parking and for pets. With SPG we got internet included but thy tried to charge us for it at checkout. No breakfast, beds are terrible. Hard and uncomfortable. My husband and I both had issues with it. Room was hot when we arrived and ac kept shutting off when temp was warmer than set. Must have some stop sensor on it. Woke up sweating during night because of this. Basically it was not worth the stop to rest because we didn't sleep. The hotel appearance is nice, location convenient. Outside lighting at night is bad.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear athomelisa,

I sincerely appreciate your comments and I am disappointed to hear about your experience. It appears that the room you occupied needs a thorough inspection from our engineering department. I will share your comments with them. Thank you!

Sharpsburg, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm a business traveler who stays only at Starwood Properties when possible. I've noticed a sad trend at Sheraton properties at which there's new ownership, or that's what I'm told. The service at these properties is going down hill but the points needed to redeem a night has doubled, resembling Hilton properties, which I left for that reason.
I do think the economy has affected all aspects of our society and everyone, including the SLC Sheraton has to tighten their belts but a coffee machine that doesn't work in the club lounge? Come on. Platinum member breakfast consisted of granola or raisin bran and old bread. They've always put a nice spread out.
This property still has a great staff and that is everything to me. I mentioned the coffee maker to Augustina at the front desk and quick as a wink, she gave me a voucher for coffee and a sandwich at the in house Starbucks. The SLC Sheraton used to be one of the best but now at almost triple the points for a night and amenities slipping away, I guess that's just the way things are.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Wes64,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear your comments about our staff and how well they have taken care of you, especially Augustina. I will give your comments about the Sheraton Club to our culinary team as they are continually looking for ways to improve.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was a great hotel for the price. Spent four nights and had a great experience. There are a multitude of good, local restaurants within walking distance as well as fast food chains. There was plenty of free parking too. The only downside is having to pay $10 a day for WiFi. Otherwise, it was a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower and loved it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephanie264,

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the great review!

Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

When I arrived at the airport, the hotel shuttle picked me up. Its driver was great and even gave me a ride downtown after I had checked in. The people at the reception were friendly and efficient. My suite, which overlooked the pool, looked decent.

Then the double started. After the first night, one of the air-conditioning units packed in (froze up), resulting a rather large wet spot on the carpet. The remaining unit stayed on but had a hard time keeping up and sounded like a truck.

Housekeeping was spotty. Moreover, the staff managed to throw out my personal bottle of shower gel on my second-last day there. I travel with my own because I am allergic to some soaps, so I was quite irritated. When I tracked down the staff, they thought this rather amusing, even when I told them that I would complain to the front desk. However, they did dig through the garbage and left the bottle sitting on the desk in my room--rather unappetizing…

The front desk manager called later and asked if I would accept a free breakfast or a coffee to make up for this error, an offer i declined (breakfast was included in the function I attended).

I should also mention that the WiFi was not working as advertised. It took a visit to the front desk to get that sorted, and even then the system kicked me out several times a day.

I had high hopes after my arrival but was quite disappointed by the time I left this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pick pool view--it can get very noisy at night...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Julius D,

I appreciate your feedback and I will remind our housekeeping staff to be more mindful of the bath products our guests will sometimes bring in on their own.

We have made some great strides in fixing the WiFi and HFAC in certain parts of the hotel. I'm sure you will have a good experience next time you stay with us!

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved staying at Sheraton in SLC very close to everything downtown. Staff is very friendly Kenan from housekeeping was very friendly and accommodating. Request a high floor for great views.
We stayed during a medical conference and the hotel was sold out I could tell that it was very busy for everyone but they always remained professional and courteous
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or families that want to spend time in SLC.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear tjenkins08,

Thank you for the very nice comments! Our guests certainly appreciate our great downtown location. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent 5 days & 5 nights at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel and overall had a good experience. The hotel's exterior is boxy & undistinguished, but the interior is nice & well-designed. The one really annoying thing was that the wi-fi was terrible; it was so volatile & unreliable that at one point, I simply gave up & went downstairs to use the PCs in the 'business center' which actually worked quite well. I checked with a few colleagues & they had similarly bad experiences with the wi-fi in their rooms. For a business hotel hosting conferences, having inadequate wi-fi in the rooms is simply unacceptable. One other small annoyance: there was no PBS station on the TV, which was odd. How can a hotel offer dozens of channels but not the local PBS channel...? Fortunately, my experience at this hotel was good in every other respect. I asked for a room with a view & was given one on an upper floor with a balcony & a superb view of the city & the mountains to the north; waking up to this view every morning was a sheer delight. Even though it was relatively hot, the low humidity meant that I didn't have to use the air conditioning more than a few times and then only briefly to cool down the room. The only downside was that the sliding glass door on the balcony had no screen door, so when I left the balcony open, a few bugs did fly into the room. But both the room & the hotel were clean & well kept up. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful and the lobby was spacious & inviting. The staff also used the van to shuttle me to & from Temple Square on a few different occasions; of the 4 drivers, 3 were friendly & only one was less than friendly; he seemed a bit taken aback when I didn't offer him a tip -- though he got a tip from the other passengers. In short, a good experience that would have been great if the wi-fi in the room had been reliable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor with a view; I had a view looking north, which was spectacular.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear savvyworldtraveler,

Thank you for the nice review. You may be interested in knowing that we recently completed an upgrade of our WiFi and this should give our guests a much better experience.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel? Share your experiences!