“Updated, Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Evergreen, Colorado
“Updated, Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My room was modern, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Room is spacious. It just felt comfy and cozy and clean m
Nice hot tub, clean.
There are good restaurants within walking distance.
The gym is decent.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
gilbert, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here in Feb 2013 for a night. Was very pleased. Check in was a breeze, very friendly greeting and help, room was wonderful. Property is downtown SLC, close to on/off interstate and easy to navigate around. No complaints! Hotel had large event the night we stayed, parking was no issue in spite of large number of attendees.
We wanted to stay again on our return trip but weather caused us to avoid SLC. We get to SLC about 3x/yr and next time will stay again at this property.
You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MusicTraveler2
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is one of the hotels where only getting 4 or 5 stars is not right. They are better than 4, not up to 5 only due to amenities. Great concierge lounge, pretty good restaurant, usually (not always) reasonable rates. My first choice in Salt Lake.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am a an SPG Platinum member and have been for the past 5 years. In those 5 years I have stayed at this hotel at least 25 times and have actually stayed on the 10th floor only twice and the 9th (they only have 2 club floors) about 50% of the time. I have found that if I use my company's corporate rate I get a WORSE room than if I go through a discount site like Orbitz or Travelocity. When I have asked the front desk staff for an upgrade I am always told that they are sold out or some other weak excuse. The staff here is HORRIBLE and thoroughly inept.

I have had enough and will now build my secondary hotel points (Hilton) by staying at their properties when I come to SLC. It is a shame that my loyalty is not reciprocated.

Room Tip: Best way to get a good room, don't stay here. Furniture is tired. Lighting is horrible, i mean h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
East Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great location as home base for skiing, especially if you're chasing pow. We got the snow report every morning at 6am and made a decision on where we were going from there. It obviously helped that we had transportation, but this is totally the way to go if you want to save money and ski amazing locations. The staff was very nice and the hotel shuttle can be commandeered to take you around to restaurants, the airport, etc. Airport is only 10-15 minutes away! The atmosphere is great - open fireplaces, a big fire ring outside in the snow, hot tub open all year round. Seems like plenty of space for conferences, though I think the conference-goers were a bit jealous that we were walking around with skis instead of laptops :) No complimentary breakfast or wireless is a bummer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Staff and management at this hotel are very helpful. Before arriving, I sent an email, and the manager answered all my questions promptly and fully. His answers were very helpful.

From the outside, the hotel looks standard and a bit on the old side. However, inside, the hotel lobby was cozy with a nice big fireplace and plenty of chairs to lounge in... it definitely had a lodge "vibe". Our first night, we were in the parlor suite - it was bedroom and living room - spacious but we wanted a view. So, the next day, we moved to 10th floor room which had a balcony and view of the city. It was smaller, but we were ok with that. Overall, the rooms were ok.. a little dated but acceptable (for example, difficult to find outlets for phone chargers).

As far as location, as others stated, it was great location. We walked to Temple Square to check that out, and there were several bars for nightlife also within walking distance. We also went to Park City to go skiing and it took just 30 minutes to get there. We rented a car so it was not a problem at all to jump onto the highway and directions were super-easy.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.. even though overall the hotel could use some updating.

Room Tip: Ask for room with city view if available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a review for the banquet/conference rooms only...

I was there for an evening meeting and all-day seminar. The evening meeting was in a strange space just off the restaurant with the bar and hors d'oeuvres set up outside the room. The only niggle I had with this was that the bar was all cash - if you wanted to use a card of any kind you had to go back out to the lobby and use the ATM. The hors d'oeuvres were excellent. They had some awesome salmon bruschetta, gazpacho and other tasty finger food.

The conference the next day was in a large conference room with another room adjacent for the food service. The lunch was served buffet style and was superb. I wasn't really looking forward to it and wondered if I was going to have to bolt over to some fast food joint as it was advertised at Vegetarian/Vegan. Now, before you all call the vegetarian mafia and string me up, I don't mind vegetarian meals but I'm a meat and potatoes gal at heart and didn't know how creative it would be. It was excellent - the freshest and tastiest fruit; 2 delicious salads; hot pasta and hot noodles... there was more, but I can't remember what - all looked awesome.

The cheesecake was meh, but didn't spoil the meal. Starbucks coffee was also served with dessert.

If I was considering a banquet or conference in Salt Lake City - what with the great location, good room prices and awesome food - I'd definitely consider the Sheraton.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel? Share your experiences!