“pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
New York City, New York
“pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

Just got back from a 2 day business trip in Salt Lake City and chose the Radisson downtown bc of the location and the price ($139/night). I was a little hesitant on staying here since last month I had an awful experience at another Radisson in Orlando but after writing them a letter, they were nice enough to send me a gift certificate so I decided to take a chance.

The room was clean and comfortable, I was very happy w/ the sleep number bed and the bedding and the bathroom I did the online check in a few days earlier since I knew I would be getting in late and they accommodated all my requests such as a single king on a high floor (11th). The staff was helpful and nice as well.

The food for room service was ok, not the best but I’ve had worse.

The only thing I didn’t like was the parking garage which was a little spooky since they were doing some construction work and each day there was plastic tarp that covered different sections, made it kinda confusing when parking your car at night and then the next day, not recognizing if you were in the right spot, o well.

My overall experience was pretty good here, I would stay here again.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — parking garage
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2007

We needed a hotel in SLC because of an early morning flight. We stayed here for free because of a bad experience at another Radisson. They gave us a gift certificate.
This is a high rise type hotel in the main downtown area. The check in parking is covered and the lobby is quite nice. There is a multi -story parking garage that costs $13/ night but looks fairly safe. Our room was clean and it was very comfortable. The beds were the number adjustable type and they each had a down comforter on them. The bathroom was clean and well stocked.
The biggest negative was the street noise. We were on the 15th floor and we could still hear the street trolley most of the night.
We would stay here again but I honestly did not notice how much a room goes for.

• Liked — Very comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Noisy room all night
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

I just returned from a stay at this hotel and was very disappointed. Elevators were not running, parking garage key was malfunctioning, no coffee in room, bed by numbers was broken on my first night there. When trying to voice my concerns with front desk, noone would answer phone for at minimum 10 minutes. Also tried to order room service on first night there and couldn't get anyone to answer phone. When food did finally arrive it was inedible. I would never stay here again. I would pay double at one of their competitors first. Hotel is understaffed which makes me nervous about their safety issues.
I am trying to say one positive comment about the hotel and cannot think of one. Sorry.

Stayed January 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2006

Bottom line up front: The Radisson is probably a great hotel, in so long that you receive the right room, are greeted by the right people at check-in and don't mind sleeping in two double beds with your wife.

I booked this for a November trip, while waiting for a flight to go to Mexico. The hotel inside is beautiful. The rooms are small, but clean. Our view wasn't that great.

That said, we got a GREAT rate through Priceline to stay here, so I can't complain on those saving. But, of course, with a priceline booking, you don't receive any of the awards usually associated with frequent stays at a hotel chain. Oh well...

I just didn't like that I asked for a King, but received two doubles for this room. The AC/Heat is NOISY and it was FREEZING in the room when we arrived. But, overall, a nice upgrade.

This hotel is definitely not one that I would recommend to friends and/or ever stay at myself again, but it was just "ALRIGHT."

Could have been better with a more congeniale front staff that actually seems interested in your stay at their hotel. They herded me through like cattle and just was not cheated well...

Lastly, as an FYI, if you're planning on staying here to park for the Airport, DON'T DO IT!!!!! This Raddison does not run a shuttle airport and will also charge you $13 per day for parking. My recommendation is to stay here the one nigt, and then just drive over to the $6 long-term parking available at the airport...

Hope that this helps!

• Liked — The beds were very comfortable
  • Disliked — The service, staff, and the overall cleanliness/updates of the rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else for a GREAT STAY...stay here for a bed and shower
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

I stayed at the Raddisson Downtown Salt Lake, while I visited my sister for her surprise 50th birthday party. I was there from 8/14 - 8/18.

GREAT - my room was clean, every day there were plenty of thick fresh towels, nice toiletries, excellent lighting and mirrors in the bathroom, air conditioning worked perfectly, and the "you-adjust" comfort bed provided me a good night's sleep and rest.

AVERAGE - Front desk staff, although not disrespectful, they were not very caring. They answered your questions, but they did not appear to really care about helping the customers. I am very friendly, so I know it was not something I did.

BELOW AVERAGE -THE CONSTRUCTION--the parking is horrible. To get to the parking deck, I was afraid someone was going to come around the corner and hit me. The parking deck driveway is narrow due to the construction. The area is also filthy with dust. The front entry way of the hotel is taped up for the construction.

Overall, if there was no constrcuion, I would stay there again. I am a clean and neat freak, and the room was impeccable.

• Liked — Clean rooms, great lighting in the bathroom, comfortable bed
  • Disliked — unfriendly staff, construction
  • Tips/Secrets — Check to see if the constrction is still taking place.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We paid only $70 per night so it was quite cheep for the excellent location. However, it overall it was a disappointing stay. The hotel looks “worn out”. The parking area is being renovated and we experienced a lot of noise from heavy machinery.

Other negatives:
-Housekeeping came into our room at 8:30 in the morning despite we had a “please do not disturb” sign on the door.
-Slow internet with many dropouts.
-I presented my airline bonus card at check inn, but was told they did not use that. Manager told me the same even though I showed him proof that I should get points for staying at the hotel.
-Some lights in the room did not work and the once that did had an irritating humming sound
-House keeping took our shampoo and did not leave new ones.
-The restaurant is overpriced and the food is not very good.

I will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

Stayed at the Radisson in downtown SLC while at a convention at the convention center. The hotel is right at a back door of the convention center, so it was very convenient. The room was very nice, views were great, and staff very accomodating. Restaurant was fine, but it is a hotel restaurant, so it's not exactly the type of place you'd run back to. Overall, a very good place to stay when in town for an event at the convention center.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!