“Good value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Good value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now for business trips. It is the best value near the Salt Palace (conference center). Navigating to it from the interstate is easy and the parking is good. The parking garage elevator is separate from the elevator to take you to the rooms. This is a minor inconvenience. Both sides of the hotel have good views. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds are firmer than I prefer but comfortable. This is a busy hotel and at high times the front desk can have longer lines. The restaurant is okay. I think it is a bit expensive. Three blocks to the east you can get better food for better prices. The conference center is 500 feet from the front door. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent four nights in the hotel and based on the rate, got excellent value for my money. The hotel is in a convenient location, close to public transportation, restaurants and shopping. The room itself was fine, though it did not have the squeaky clean feeling I generally expect and was a bit tired. It may sound like nit picking, but I don't like when hotels place dirty throw pillows on clean pillowcases--why do some persist in this practice? I find it gross.

Had breakfast in the hotel twice. The first day I ordered off the menu and the food was fine. The young man who was my server was wonderful. The next day, I chose the buffet and was quite dissatisfied. The choices were limited and everything supposedly hot that I tried was cold. The server on this day, an unsmiling woman, was atrocious. I had to pour my own coffee since she was nowhere to be found most of the time. When I told her of the cold food, she looked at me like I had two heads. Before leaving the restaurant I complained to the manager and was satisfied with the outcome.

In the future, absent another bargain rate, I'd look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear nycbee,

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to read that you found an “excellent value” at our hotel and glad that you were satisfied with the outcome in our restaurant. However, I apologize that your experience in our restaurant was less than outstanding. We are addressing this matter with our team to avoid a similar situation in the future. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. If you have any additional concerns or comments, I would be pleased to discuss these with you.

801-933-8001
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Extremely easy to get to/from the airport. Close to TRAX stations and major shopping, sporting venues, tourist sites. Could also walk to most central attactrations from here. Found most of the staff very friendly to deal with for assistance and information. Found front desk staffer (Julia) to be exceptionally customer friendly! Wish that many others could learn from her in other hotel chains. Rooms were clean and nicely appointed. You won't be disappointed at this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manti, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was a guest for a conference there.....and the organization putting on the conference paid for the room....to start with i have not stayed at a hotel where as a guest I had to pay for parking....next was checking in they requested a credit or debit card....ok i have done that at other hotels...where they explained money would only come out if i used services or damage was done...ok understandable however here money was taken out immediately but staff did not inform me upfront of this matter and that the money would go back to me card if all was ok for up to 10 days. I heard from many others that this was something that much displeased them. Next breakfast and lunch was provided....I have had Continental Breakfast which were much better and provided more variety of foods. Lunch....I was not impressed with either....vegetables drowned in garlic and the meat so dry i couldn't eat it. The good thing was the rooms were nice and the beds comfy and lots of pillows which i do like. I personally will not recommend it.

Debbe Munk

Room Tip: no comment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Ms. Munk,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience at our hotel, particularly the provided meals. We are very pleased to read that you found the room and bed to be comfortable. Based on your feedback it seems that meals were served outside our restaurant, possibly as a banquet. I would certainly be interested in hearing more details about these concerns as our team takes great pride in providing delicious meals and we would like to ensure this does not happen again. In regards to the comment about a credit card taken at check-in, it is standard procedure to request a credit card with each check-in. The credit card must be authorized to ensure it is valid and can be used for any incidental charges. There are only a few pre-pay options where we would take a payment before checkout. Otherwise it is just an authorization or a hold of funds. Although we do not ask for debit cards nor recommend the use of debit cards, we have signs displayed at the front desk to advise the difference when using a debit card instead of a credit card. I also understand your disappointment with paying for parking. There are many areas outside the downtown areas where free parking is available. Unfortunately in the downtown area, hotels do charge for parking due to limited availability of parking areas. We do not include parking in the room rate as many of our guests travel to the hotel via public transportation. Thank you again for providing feedback on both your positive and negative feelings about your stay. If you are willing to contact me to provide additional details about any of your concerns, I would be happy to have an open dialogue with you.

801-933-8001
Spring, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Wyoming. The location couldn't be better, close to Temple Square, shopping, and the tram goes right in front of the hotel, if you wanted to use that service. The room was "OK". Thought we would have the sleep number beds in our room, but we didn't, so that was disapointing that we didn't get to try them out.

Had Pot Stickers and the Caprese Salad in the restaurant for dinner. Both were EXCELLENT. Had the buffet breakfast the next morning, but the waitress was really surley. We asked for spoons for the coffee, and she told us "they're on the buffett ..... but I'll get them for you". We were wondering if we didn't get the buffet and just ordered coffee, if we would have needed to get up to get our own spoon for the coffee? Plus, the breakfast buffet wasn't all that exciting for that caliber of hotel.

Had to LOOK for the valet when we first arrived, and each time we traveled in and out of the hotel to have our car parked while we were there. I guess they only had one?? Don't know ... but that was kind of a pain.

Overall ... decent hotel, and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SHUM8,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay! I am sorry that you were unable to try out one of our sleep number beds. We have actually been working to reduce the number of sleep number beds in our hotel as many of our guests are dissatisfied with them. Thank you for giving us feedback on the service you experienced with our valet and restaurant. This gives us the opportunity to focus on these areas for improvement. I must apologize that you encountered these shortfalls. I hope to see you return, so that we can impress you on your next stay.

Lake Worth, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Nice clean hotel room. Staff at the front desk seemed overwhelmed. Ate the breakfast buffet twice and the food is good. However, the staff left a lot to be desired. Took a long time to even get a cup of coffee or a glass of water, and had to ask several times. Basically a good hotel in a great spot, but with poor service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara N,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your compliments on our rooms and food. I apologize for the service you received. Guest service is very important to our hotel and we are addressing your concerns through additional training. We have some new employees currently in a few areas and that could be why they may have seemed a bit overwhelmed. I hope you will return soon to feel a different level of service with our team as I am confident you will.

Bath, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed a week, and found the staff very helpful, the rooms and common areas very clean and the location convenient to everything. Right on the train line, too. I'll stay there again next time I'm in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear MinnFrequentTraveler,

What a kind review! This is the kind of experience that we always strive to provide to our greatly valued guests. We will be waiting for your next visit!

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!