“Enjoyed Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Topeka, Kansas, Usa
“Enjoyed Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Radisson Downtown was a nice hotel. My room was clean but a little small. I was impressed with the number or electrical outlets. More than I can remember in any hotel. I really liked the shower head. It was huge and gentle. The lighting in the bathroom was excellent. The beds were very comfortable. The only thing that kept me from giving the hotel 5 stars was there was a sound that was always there and noticeable especially at
night. I'm not sure if it was air circulating or water? Everything else was great!

• Stayed May 2013
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Dave F,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay in one of our recently renovated rooms. I would really like to address the issue with the continuous sound that disturbed your stay. If you would be so kind as to call me and provide additional details, I will have our maintenance team look into it right away. We hope to have the opportunity to be your host again on your next trip to Salt Lake City.

801-933-8001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had the opportunity to coordinate and host a management retreat at the Radisson SLC Downtown for my executive team. We simply had a great retreat. From the quality and cleanliness of the room, to the very supportive Sales and Meetings staff, everything exceeded expectations. Having had the chance to interact with many employees of the sales team, it is clear that the DOS is taking care of customers - he was really impressive when he greeted me in the lobby. We had some last minute changes and the Exec. Planner was really helpful to adjust to our needs. The location to City Creek, the Gateway and the Energy Solutions Arena was ideal - the 'something for everyone' location made the offsite components of the retreat really enjoyable for our team. Overall very impressed.

Room Tip: Great views from the top floors.
Dear chriseggs,

Thank you for your very kind review! We always strive to offer the best experience possible for our valued guests and we are elated to read that you had such a great retreat! If you plan on having more retreats in the future, it would be our pleasure to assist you.

Denver Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located right on the light rail line and within easy walking distance of the convention center, Temple Square, Gateway and City Creek malls. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was a king room with an extremely firm mattress and very soft (flat) pillows. Not the most pleasant sleeping experience. The room has a workstation area with lots of electrical outlets. The tv was a fairly large flat screen with free Showtime movie channels. The signal was not high def, which I don't understand. If you are upgrading to nice tvs, why not upgrade the signal? The nightstand had a nice I-home style alarm clock, so you can plug in your iPhone, and extra electrical outlets located there too. The tub/shower had a fixed position shower head which was pointed straight down. If you want to shower without soaking your hair - good luck. Room had iron and ironing board, hair dryer, safe for valuables. I had to work for three days from this room, and the Internet service worked flawlessly the entire time. I had a great cell phone signal all over the hotel including in the elevators and by the pool. I used the gym several times, and the equipment was in good shape and there were plenty of machines and tvs to watch while working out. Overall a nice hotel, great location.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear RRColo,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! Based on your comments, I understand that you were staying in one of our recently renovated rooms. It seems that you were very pleased with some of the amenities and disappointed in some. We are in the process of addressing some of the aspects you mentioned. Many of our guests, such as you, find our location to be a great convenience. Recently the light-rail train line to the Salt Lake City International Airport was completed. This is very exciting as it means that now our guests can access the train outside Terminal 1 at the airport and arrive approximately 1 block from our hotel within 20 minutes. I am very happy to hear that the complimentary internet service worked as it should. We have been working closely with our internet service provider to work out some discovered kinks in our system. Thus far, we believe their adjustments have made a significant difference. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Salt Lake City!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson while participating in the Unite Fitness Retreat program. I choose Unite in part because I loved the idea of being in a city and I've always been pleased with Radisson Hotels. This one was the best by far. The rooms are very cool, very clean, and I loved the free internet and the VIEW was incredible. I also can't say enough about the Unite Fitness Retreat camp, the program has turned my life around and I am very satisfied with my experience. The food they served at the Copper Canyon was delicious, they made healthy food taste good. A big thank you to Unite and also to the Radisson!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Shay P,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review! It is always a pleasure hosting our Unite Fitness Retreat guests. Your compliments on our recently renovated rooms, the complimentary high-speed internet and the Copper Canyon Grill House & Tavern are much appreciated. We look forward to your return!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice hotel in the center of the city next to the convention center. Rooms are good, clean and large. The breakfast buffet is better than average (great sausages). For lunch and dinner the menu is extremely limited, because they are "between chefs" apparently. What they serve is well -prepared though.

For a hotel that caters to convention attendees (i.e. business people) they do need to improve their wireless, it totally bogged down in the evening and was practically useless.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear HKT_13,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and your experience in the Copper Canyon Grill House and Tavern. To clarify, we have a chef who started in our hotel recently. We are very excited to have Chef Kim on our team and look forward to the new menus that she has been rolling out. I have tried some of the new items myself and they are delicious! I understand your concern with the speed of our WiFi. We doubled our speed approximately a year ago to ensure the needs of our guests would be fully satisfied and we now plan to increase the speed again. We can really see the usage of this amenity growing and we know that this is important to our guests. Please come back and visit again soon!

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is literally just steps from the Salt Palace Convention Center. It is in a prime location and just a block away from a trolley stop. The trolley goes directly from the airport to downtown so it was perfect. I had a room that was overlooking the convention center and there was no noise problem, although the view was mixed (the convention center roof is not that exciting). Without exception, every single member of the staff that I came into contact with were exceptionally polite and helpful. The wifi was free, but it did become a little slow at night after dinner. There were a few maintenance items that needed to be addressed in the bathroom, but the staff fixed them as soon as I mentioned them.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the convention center are quieter.
Dear SFgirlSF,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to read that you had such a great experience at our hotel! Our team is proud of the service that we all provide and truly enjoy interacting with our guests. I will certainly share your compliments with everyone here. We are also very excited about the light-rail train line that was just completed within the last two weeks which connects the Salt Lake City International Airport to stops within a block from our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our WiFi. As I mentioned in another recent review, we are planning an upgrade in the near future. Usage of this service has increased significantly over the past few years and we are working with our service provider to ensure our guests continue to receive the speeds that they need. We look forward to your return!

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the first hotel I've stayed in with no data ports for guests, even in the business center. Free wireless is great, but only if it works. I was here for a convention at the Salt Palace. The location is great for the convention, but at night when everyone returned from the convention, the wireless bogged down and was for practical purposes unusable by 9:30 p.m. I had work to file each evening over a virtual private network on my laptop and struggled with 20-minute tasks that took an hour because of the slow wireless. I complained to the front desk and they had no solution -- I was just told that the wireless was slow because of so many people online.

If you aren't concerned about wireless, then this is a great hotel for the convention center. Just 50 feet from the back entrance, an decent latte and a comfy bed. Noise level is higher than average from trains outside. But oh my god I would never stay here for work again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Stone C,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you are concerned about the speed of the internet while you were here. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced. Roughly a year ago, we doubled our internet speed to ensure we could accommodate our guests’ needs. Until very recently, our guests have seemed to be pleased with what we offer. Today, I contacted technical support regarding your concern and asked that they research this matter further to determine the issue. We have recently seen much heavier usage of the internet and will be increasing our internet speed again soon. Please consider returning to see the improvement.

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!