“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
San Francisco
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Enjoyed our stay for eight nights. We had a nicely appointed room on the 15th floor with the view of the valley. We love the location of the hotel...walking distance to restaurants, shopping and trax is right out front. The pool, spa, sauna and fitness area are quite nice.

Minus 1 dot for housekeeping. The first morning we were there, when uncovering the paper cover over one of the coffee mug, we discovered dried out food left in the coffee mug. We found the bed skirts could use a washing. There were numerous stains on both bed skirts. We brought attention to both of these issues to the front desk. The bed skirts did not get cleaned during our stay nor did housekeeping replaced the coffee mug. Housekeeping could use some quality control.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear funtib,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel! We are thrilled to read that you had a pleasant experience with our location, swimming pool, sauna and fitness center. As mentioned, there is a plethora of restaurants and shopping nearby including the Gateway Mall and City Creek Mall. The light-rail train (TRAX) is within approximately one block and now connects to the Salt Lake City International Airport! I apologize for the housekeeping issues you mentioned. I assure you they have been addressed and will be monitored. Please visit again soon!

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for a work trip. At first I was not hopeful as I rang to find out if I could check in early and the woman who answered needed a bit of an 'attitude adjustment' (as the American's say). When I got there though at 9am, Miss Snippy had actually made a note of my request and they let me straight in. I can not tell you how grateful I was, after getting up at 3am to fly there.

Room was clean and big enough. Bed was comfortable and there were two of them, one for me and one for my luggage. Good free wifi and ordered room service which was fine, not the best meal I have ever had but hot and fast. Second night I ordered dinner and a beer and it took three calls to the night porter and three tries to get a bottle opener (1st time they forgot, 2nd time they gave me a corkscrew).

Location is a little out of the way, was a twenty minute walk to my office which I consider to be in the main drag of Salt Lake. But all in all a fine stay and convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Filmbird,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your recent experience. We always enjoy reading about a positive stay such as yours. However, I apologize for the lapse of service that you experienced while seeking information over the telephone as well as the difficulty in receiving a bottle opener. Guest service is a strong focus in our team and these matters have been addressed to prevent a reoccurrence. We are pleased to offer comfortable, renovated accommodations along with the complimentary high-speed WiFi as you noted. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Salt Lake City!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel for a convention. This is our 3rd year and it has always been wonderful.
The staff is very polite,helpful. The rooms has always been very clean,and neat. The house keepers are VERY sweet! And the shuttle drivers are awesome! The staff really does a great job on making sure the guests are taken care of.
The hotel is very close to restaurants,bars and the mall. About a block away. The convention center is right next door.
We look forward to staying here again next year.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear floracupcake,

Thank you for all of your compliments! Our team has a great amount of pride in the work that we do. It seems that you were able to take advantage of our spectacular location next to the Salt Palace Convention Center and between the Gateway Mall and City Creek Mall. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Barrigada, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel itself is wonderful. What is lacking in this property is housekeeping management. I asked one of the friendly housekeepers for a towel and since she was out of towels and had to call on one of the supervisors who is just pacing around doing nothing. She turned around and asked the poor housekeeper who is dragging her card along to go downstairs and grab towels? Don't they have people doing laundry down there? I feel sorry for your poor housekeepers. They seem to be doing housekeeping and laundry jobs at the same time while your supervisors are walking around with pens and papers looking like bosses for all they care. It looks like your housekeeping manager needs to be strict with his supervisors and please treat your housekeepers with respect and they will do a great job for your hotel. There are so many issues with your housekeeping department that don't even need to be put up on here but I strongly recommend a great management for this department.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Leilani C,

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We have a wonderful team in our housekeeping department including our housekeepers, supervisors and manager. They care a great deal about our guests and take pride in their work. We respect our housekeeping staff, treat them equitably and appreciate the work that they do. If you have any questions or specific concerns, I would be happy to speak with you directly. I hope you will return to our hotel on your next visit to Salt Lake City!

801-933-8001
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent hotel, very satisfied with my experience at the Radisson..Although we were not in our rooms much (we were working out most the day), the beds were comfy and the rooms were brand new. The Unite Fitness program is SOOOOO amazing, gladly recommend to anyone:) The staff and trainers are supportive, caring, and knowledgeable and I got the kickstart I needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear jenlove1,

Thank you for your review! The Unite Fitness group has been a pleasure to assist. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed one of our recently renovated rooms. Our hotel hosts a variety of conference groups and events, so maybe we will see you return with Unite Fitness or another group in the future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Radisson while I was in town for a conference. I had a nice room on the 11th floor. The room appeared to be newly painted. The bathroom fixtures were quite nice, with a waterfall shower type head. Plenty of hot water at the ready. The room was furnished with a nice TV, great king-sized bed, chair, etc. Iron, iron board, safe, hangers, mini-fridge all included.

The WIFI in this hotel was one of the fastest I have experienced in a hotel. And it was free. Big thumbs up on this.

The staff at the front desk were friendly, though they frequently had a line 2-3 people deep. Maybe management could add a person who could float over to help them out during busy times. They had a business center which I used briefly to print a boarding pass.

I didn't visit the pool, exercise, or dining areas so I can't comment on that.

My room wasn't cleaned one night of my visit. I was out of the room from 7:00 am - 4:00 p.m., so I was a little surprised by that. It didn't really need it, but normally staff leave a note or something indicating why your room was skipped.

Overall a very nice hotel and I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear peter826,

Thank you for your very nice review! We appreciate your “thumbs up” on our free high-speed WiFi. We keep in regular contact with our networking administrators to ensure we are maintaining good speeds. I would really like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your concern of your room not being cleaned one day. With more details, I may be able to determine what happened and how we can be confident to avoid a repeat in the future. I will look forward to your call as well as a return stay at our hotel!

801-933-8001
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My room was nice - beautiful furnishings. However, I would suggest that you check everything in the room when you arrive. The desk lamp did not work. I am a constant traveler, and have never had this experience in a hotel - the maintenance tech had to come, check it, and then swap it out with another one. This is a bonafide annoyance when it's late, and you want to work! I could not get the tub plumbing to work, and called the front desk, which was fruitless. I gave up.
The location was convenient, and the staff was friendly. They allowed me to have a late checkout, which was helpful.
Light rail is right outside, which was convenient.
There is a mall two blocks away, with a nice place to eat (Blue Moon).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street where the light rail line is. I was on a higher floor, but it w...