“OK - nothing special, but good breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Seattle, Washington
“OK - nothing special, but good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2007

The hotel itself was ok - nothing special - rooms were ok, sleep number bed, but nothing spectacular. It was clean and well lit and right across from the light rail.

The first night, I didn't adjust the sleep number, so it was on 100 and hard as a Chinese hotel bed - but once I realized that, it was much better.

The restaurant, however, had a really good breakfast - very nice and good value - always love an omelet bar!

• Liked — breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Orem, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

Quite possibly the worst $100+ hotel I've ever visited. (I booked late and didn't get a great rate). Staff was indifferent. A/C in the room was loud. Had to turn it off around 1 am. There was valet parking but I honestly never spotted a "valet." The hot tub has some kind of black algae or scum or something growing on the floor.

We were going to stay in the Embassy Suites with our 2 4 year olds, but chose this one because it was closer to downtown and the last minute rate was cheaper. Bad call. The kids wanted to ride the train downtown anyway and the pool at the Raddison is better for kids.

Good, only, for bussiness travelers who don't expect too much and need to be close to the convention center.

• Liked — Location and in-room wireless worked
  • Disliked — Indifferent staff, loud A/C in room and something growing in hot tub.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

I stayed four nights at this Hotel and thought the accommodations were great. We required two beds and the beds were sleep number beds and very comfortable.
The hotel was quiet, clean, and reasonable rates.
I would stay there again.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, rates, convenient to Mormon Library
  • Disliked — No continental breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

Just got back from a 2 day business trip in Salt Lake City and chose the Radisson downtown bc of the location and the price ($139/night). I was a little hesitant on staying here since last month I had an awful experience at another Radisson in Orlando but after writing them a letter, they were nice enough to send me a gift certificate so I decided to take a chance.

The room was clean and comfortable, I was very happy w/ the sleep number bed and the bedding and the bathroom I did the online check in a few days earlier since I knew I would be getting in late and they accommodated all my requests such as a single king on a high floor (11th). The staff was helpful and nice as well.

The food for room service was ok, not the best but I’ve had worse.

The only thing I didn’t like was the parking garage which was a little spooky since they were doing some construction work and each day there was plastic tarp that covered different sections, made it kinda confusing when parking your car at night and then the next day, not recognizing if you were in the right spot, o well.

My overall experience was pretty good here, I would stay here again.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — parking garage
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2007

We needed a hotel in SLC because of an early morning flight. We stayed here for free because of a bad experience at another Radisson. They gave us a gift certificate.
This is a high rise type hotel in the main downtown area. The check in parking is covered and the lobby is quite nice. There is a multi -story parking garage that costs $13/ night but looks fairly safe. Our room was clean and it was very comfortable. The beds were the number adjustable type and they each had a down comforter on them. The bathroom was clean and well stocked.
The biggest negative was the street noise. We were on the 15th floor and we could still hear the street trolley most of the night.
We would stay here again but I honestly did not notice how much a room goes for.

• Liked — Very comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Noisy room all night
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

I just returned from a stay at this hotel and was very disappointed. Elevators were not running, parking garage key was malfunctioning, no coffee in room, bed by numbers was broken on my first night there. When trying to voice my concerns with front desk, noone would answer phone for at minimum 10 minutes. Also tried to order room service on first night there and couldn't get anyone to answer phone. When food did finally arrive it was inedible. I would never stay here again. I would pay double at one of their competitors first. Hotel is understaffed which makes me nervous about their safety issues.
I am trying to say one positive comment about the hotel and cannot think of one. Sorry.

Stayed January 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2006

Bottom line up front: The Radisson is probably a great hotel, in so long that you receive the right room, are greeted by the right people at check-in and don't mind sleeping in two double beds with your wife.

I booked this for a November trip, while waiting for a flight to go to Mexico. The hotel inside is beautiful. The rooms are small, but clean. Our view wasn't that great.

That said, we got a GREAT rate through Priceline to stay here, so I can't complain on those saving. But, of course, with a priceline booking, you don't receive any of the awards usually associated with frequent stays at a hotel chain. Oh well...

I just didn't like that I asked for a King, but received two doubles for this room. The AC/Heat is NOISY and it was FREEZING in the room when we arrived. But, overall, a nice upgrade.

This hotel is definitely not one that I would recommend to friends and/or ever stay at myself again, but it was just "ALRIGHT."

Could have been better with a more congeniale front staff that actually seems interested in your stay at their hotel. They herded me through like cattle and just was not cheated well...

Lastly, as an FYI, if you're planning on staying here to park for the Airport, DON'T DO IT!!!!! This Raddison does not run a shuttle airport and will also charge you $13 per day for parking. My recommendation is to stay here the one nigt, and then just drive over to the $6 long-term parking available at the airport...

Hope that this helps!

• Liked — The beds were very comfortable
  • Disliked — The service, staff, and the overall cleanliness/updates of the rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else for a GREAT STAY...stay here for a bed and shower
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!