“Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 1,225 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: New restaurant opened last summer. See Web site URL.
Park City, Utah
“Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I went here on a Friday night around 6:45 and had about an hour wait even though there were clearly empty tables. When we finally got a table, several waiters walked by us and ignored us. Finally, the owner saw that we were waiting and found us a waitress. The drunken noodles were good, and the sushi was good but nothing special. The atmosphere was very trendy and they had a lot of interesting drinks to choose from.

Visited December 2012

“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had a great dinner at Sapa, the manager gave us a really good service, the food was delicious as always, one of our favorite sushi places in the city, at very accesible prices. The only thing we disliked was that the waitress brought our check immediately after we finished eating, even when we didn't ask for it, we felt like they were rushing us, so it made us a little un comfortable. Usually you ask for the check when you want to leave, and that time we wanted to stay a little longer and talk.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gresham, Oregon
“Japan in Salt Lake City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This place was recommended, so we tried them out. Very nice and quite unexpected. Seedy part of town but don't let that throw you. Roberto the manager is very upbeat and friendly. Out of the ordinary and we too recommend it.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Sushi at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've been to Sapa about 4 times now. I have never been dissapointed with the food or service here. I love sushi! I can usually eat here for under $15 which is unheard of when you are expecting fresh sushi and a full belly. The manager is always on site and checks in on everyone. And I really like that there is almost never a wait. I have always been seated right away. If it's warm enough, ask to sit in one of the tea houses! It's a pretty cool experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nice outdoor dining area with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I have driven by Sapa many times but never stopped. It's not the best neighborhood and we had no idea if it was a place to take kids. Tonight we were on a date and decided to give this place a try.

It was 7:00 on a Friday night. The place was busy but not packed. We were seated and helped immediately. We chose to sit in the outdoor courtyard surrounded by 300-year-old hand carved homes imported from Vietnam. Very cool.

Their food is an Asian fusion of Vietnamese, Japanese, and Thai. The hard part about going to a new restaurant is I never know what to order. We ordered Curry Puff Chicken ($5) and Pork/Veggie Pot Stickers ($5). The Curry Puff Chicken was a little too sweet for me. I loved the Pot Stickers (they weren't deep fried).

My main meal was teriyaki chicken with garlic string beans and saffron rice ($13). It was good but not any better than most of the Japanese places we go to. My husband had two orders of sushi (he's sleeping or I'd tell you what they were). I remember him saying the sushi was cheaper than most places we visit and tasted just as good.

They do have a sign hanging outside the restaurant that said they were voted Best of Utah Best Dining Artistry by City Weekly in 2010.

Overall, it was a really nice place for a date night.

• Visited September 2012