“Rich flavorful Thai delight!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #247 of 1,226 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Thai
Description: The restaurant is brand new (opened January 13th, 2010) very few pieces of information online http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/1506993/restaurant/Downtown/Ekamai-Thai-Curry-Salt-Lake-City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Rich flavorful Thai delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ekamai serves subtle well developed flavored Thai dishes in a classy setting with very friendly and efficient waiters! They have indoor and outdoor seating and are located right across from Sugarhouse park. They have wonderful vegetarian selections. They do need a better selection of good local beer!

Visited December 2012

istanbul
“Delicious dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Well prepared foods here at Ekamai. Their chicken skewers and peanut sauce is a hit (many places overcook and the meat is stringy). The noodle dishes are tasty. Everytime we ordered a special, we have enjoyed it very much. GREAT service too.

Cannot wait for nice patio weather to check that out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burnt Hills, New York
“Not really a restaurant, but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This tiny place has a few stools where you can sit and eat, but is mainly a takeout place. We went, thinking it was a restaurant, but ended up getting takeout back to our hotel. I had pork pad thai, and my wife a chicken curry. Unfortunately, she ate the eggroll I ordered before I got to it, so I can't comment on whether it was good or not. The dinner, however, was quite tasty. We'll try it again before we head home. Two dinners for less than $20 is a bargain.

Visited February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“I don't get it?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm just not sure everyone is eating the same thing here?? I don't find anything about this steamtable food to be good. I've tried it twice to make sure I'm not missing something. I guess it's just not for me. I found everything to have very little flavor.

Visited October 2012
“New location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I gave this place 3 stars which rates it as average. This was at the new location across from Sugarhouse park. The food was fine. Not really any complaints, but I have definitely had better. Thai before. I ordered the drunken noodles spicy and they came mild. The Tom Yum soup was good but the chicken was super over cooked. Nothing really blew me away. I liked that they had a small menu--usually this means they do a few things really well. I thought my server was pleasant and i found the acceptably clean.

• Visited August 2012