I recently used the new University Guest House Ballroom for a large Business event which I was the program planner for. Our event involved 100+ guests, with special set-up needs for a poster session and light meal. The Guest House assigned me my own event planner to coordinate with and she did a lovely job of communicating and take care of all the little details to make sure everything would go smoothly. She was very responsive to my emails. On the day of the event there were several people assigned to make sure set-up and other needs were completely taken care of. This was the first time most of our team had seen or used their new meeting facility, and it was lovely. The Ballroom was the perfect place for our event. Everything went so well, and we had so much positive feedback from our guests, presenters, and visiting faculty we now plan to make this our annual location. The Guest House has several different meeting rooms of various sizes. If you are planning a large event, whether business or a wedding, The Ballroom would be perfect. One of the nicest things is that unlike most hotel Ballrooms, this one has a lot of windows providing natural light, and it opens onto a lovely patio with a rock fireplace.
Location is easily Accessible from I-215 / Foothill Drive, or from Downtown SLC, it is also directly across from a TRAX stop (Red Line).
Very Reasonable Rates
Very Reasonable and Comfortable Lodging is available for guests
Excellent customer service, attention to detail, commitment to a successful event.
Perfect location for any University related event, or something done in conjunction with the University campus / U Hospital / Primary Children's Hospital / VA Hospital / Research Park
Possible CONS / CHALLENGES:
1. Parking is fairly limited. If you plan on having a lot of guests arrive by car. For an extra fee the guest house will reserve parking spaces in their West Lot, which worked out fine for our event. However, they cannot accommodate too many and if the Guest House has full occupancy there would be less spaces available. So, if you know that many guests will be coming by car you will need to look into shuttling options. Their planning coordinator can give you many ideas and options.
2. You must use a Guest house / University approved Catering company for all events held here. This would only be a potential problem if you have your heart set on a caterer not on their list. Their planning coordinator will provide the list. We used Majestic Catering which I highly recommend - they did a beautiful job! (Tip: Their shrimp bowl, salmon platter, and chocolate covered strawberries were a huge hit)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 180-room hotel features spectacular views of the Salt Lake Valley and the surrounding University of Utah campus. Its proximity to both a TRAX train station and a campus shuttle stop allows you to explore both campus and Salt Lake City easily. Add affordable, comfortable rooms with fantastic amenities and you’ll understand why visitors love the Guest House. Our amenities include complimentary hot breakfast and wireless internet, complimentary local shuttle, state of the art fitness room and 30,000 sq ft of conference space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your University Guest House & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- University Guest House And Conference Center
- University Guest House Hotel Salt Lake City
- University Guest House & Conference Center Salt Lake City, Utah