“I will continue to be a repeat guest” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #42 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Price, Utah
“I will continue to be a repeat guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this hotel. It's location is ideal for whatever activity I have in mind for downtown Salt Lake. The facility itself is gorgeous, with a hot tub, clean rooms, beautiful lobby, satisfying continental breakfast, the list goes on.
Most importantly is the staff. I've only encountered a few, but in staying there 3-4 times over the last couple of years, their night auditor James actually remembered me! And my preferences!
His level of customer service is a rare find, even in the hospitality industry. I would not be surprised to see him running that hotel or a bigger one some day soon. Any industry would be lucky to have him.
It's because of all of these things that I will always stay at the Comfort Inn in a Salt Lake.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
It was a pleasure to hear from you, Megan. We love to here from our regulars. James is the best and I have passed on your kind words to him.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was a repeat stay for us at this property. A perfect location for us within walking distance of our business appointments. We a lovely King bed room with a great bed; the mattress was one of the best on this trip. The extra care and concern for travelers that this hotel includes is a very comfortable lobby area with wide screen HDTV, a spacious breakfast area that doubles for the manager's "reception" in the evening, and cold, fresh water in the lobby. If you need it, there is a room with snacks to purchase as well.
We would stay here again and it is now on our favourites list.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always a great pleasure to hear from our guests. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you soon!
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

very professional staff. Helped me with downtown map, and directions to sites. Room very comfortable. Happy with my stay there. A few minor repair issues and I did not want to get the blame, so spoke with staff, who were very, very accommodating. I had my beagle with me, and did not want them to think he had done this. I found the facility very comfortable, and would visit again. I really enjoyed the breakfast, delicious waffles and fruit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
It is great to hear from you and thank you so much for your kind words!
New Hartford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Was wonderfully surprised to a spacious room and the manager's weekday welcoming party. The full hot breakfast was appetizing and shocked to see the variety of snacks and ice creams near the front desk, a nice addition. The washer & dryer was useful since we were traveling for a week. Took a leisurely walk around downtown visiting the sites.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We are very glad you chose to stay with us! Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again.
Inverness, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a week. We had a nice, clean suite for a reasonable price, and at a manageable distance from the Trax light rail line. The suite was clean, adequately furnished and comfortable, albeit somewhat dated.The staff was very friendly and mostly helpful. A free breakfast with a wide assortment of foods and beverages was available every morning.The Belgian waffle irons were very popular. Other foods available were fresh fruits, eggs, sausage, and beverages.
We had a bit of trouble logging onto our computers but the staff rescued us each time.
A couple of problems were not dealt with although we notified the desk: My friend could not hang up her clothes because one sliding door of the closet was off the track and would not open (I had already appropriated the usable part of that closet). However, she was able to use the couch in the living room instead. One of the drawers on my side of the dresser was missing a knob, so I only had two usable drawers. These were not serious issues since we had plenty of room in the suite. The drapes were better than at most hotels and the clock radio did not have bright display, so light pollution was not a problem.

Room Tip: We had the suite closest to the food...a nice perk when on a tough schedule.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel and I apologize for the exceptions in your room. We are working very hard to correct these in between seasons and hope you will choose us again.
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was one of the BEST comfort Inns we have stayed at. No pool, but we were too busy to use it this trip, anyway. I suppose if you have kids, a pool is a requirement, but they did have a hot tub. This place was CLEAN clean clean. The staff very friendly.

The manager's reception during the week- with WINE and beer and appetizers.. wow! Their breakfast was very good. Nothing lacking.

Was within walking of MANY great places to eat. We walked all over downtown Salt Lake City from here. Enjoyed our stay.

I think I KNOW why one of the other customers had that puddle in their room, I blame the construction workers who put in their tubs! OUR tub, was slanted towards the outside, and the shower curtain never really sealed to the wall, so the water all went to the floor outside the tub. We would try hard to stop it, had to put two bath towels down and they would be soaked! It's not the hotel's fault this is happening at the moment.. I bet they fix it soon, too.

Room Tip: A room facing the street MIGHT be quieter than the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. I will definitely share our kind words with the staff and we hope to see you again soon!
Southeast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We chose this motel in order to be downtown in walking distance of sites we wanted to see. The location was good but the room had problems. Everything was fine the night we checked in but by morning there was a puddle in the doorway of the bathroom from a leak in the ceiling. My husband reported it to the front desk and was told it was probably just air conditioner condensation. (There was a crack in the ceiling and the water dripped constantly.) When we came back to the room later that day, nothing had been done and the puddle was deeper. We put a towel over the water but it began to spread out into the room, soaking the carpet. Whenever we entered the bathroom we had to step over the puddle (hard to do if you get up in the dark). We checked out the next day and I reported it once again to the front desk. Again, it was suggested it was condensation.
There are also a very limited number of electrical outlets in the room and if I used the ones in the lamps I had to make sure we didn't turn the lamps off with the wall switch.
Could never get wifi to work in the room. Asked for help at the desk and was told "my phone doesn't pick up well either" (I had an iPad). I think my problem was I had received the wrong code but wasn't offered the right one.
Breakfast was just OK - waffles were the best part.
We weren't offered any maps, coupons, etc. that have been mentioned in other reviews.
As far as location, there were other motels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I apologize for the leaks and internet and will use you comments to improve our service.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!