“Great location and accommodations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #42 of 76 hotels in Salt Lake City
New Hartford, New York
“Great location and accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Was wonderfully surprised to a spacious room and the manager's weekday welcoming party. The full hot breakfast was appetizing and shocked to see the variety of snacks and ice creams near the front desk, a nice addition. The washer & dryer was useful since we were traveling for a week. Took a leisurely walk around downtown visiting the sites.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are very glad you chose to stay with us! Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Inverness, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a week. We had a nice, clean suite for a reasonable price, and at a manageable distance from the Trax light rail line. The suite was clean, adequately furnished and comfortable, albeit somewhat dated.The staff was very friendly and mostly helpful. A free breakfast with a wide assortment of foods and beverages was available every morning.The Belgian waffle irons were very popular. Other foods available were fresh fruits, eggs, sausage, and beverages.
We had a bit of trouble logging onto our computers but the staff rescued us each time.
A couple of problems were not dealt with although we notified the desk: My friend could not hang up her clothes because one sliding door of the closet was off the track and would not open (I had already appropriated the usable part of that closet). However, she was able to use the couch in the living room instead. One of the drawers on my side of the dresser was missing a knob, so I only had two usable drawers. These were not serious issues since we had plenty of room in the suite. The drapes were better than at most hotels and the clock radio did not have bright display, so light pollution was not a problem.

Room Tip: We had the suite closest to the food...a nice perk when on a tough schedule.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel and I apologize for the exceptions in your room. We are working very hard to correct these in between seasons and hope you will choose us again.
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was one of the BEST comfort Inns we have stayed at. No pool, but we were too busy to use it this trip, anyway. I suppose if you have kids, a pool is a requirement, but they did have a hot tub. This place was CLEAN clean clean. The staff very friendly.

The manager's reception during the week- with WINE and beer and appetizers.. wow! Their breakfast was very good. Nothing lacking.

Was within walking of MANY great places to eat. We walked all over downtown Salt Lake City from here. Enjoyed our stay.

I think I KNOW why one of the other customers had that puddle in their room, I blame the construction workers who put in their tubs! OUR tub, was slanted towards the outside, and the shower curtain never really sealed to the wall, so the water all went to the floor outside the tub. We would try hard to stop it, had to put two bath towels down and they would be soaked! It's not the hotel's fault this is happening at the moment.. I bet they fix it soon, too.

Room Tip: A room facing the street MIGHT be quieter than the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. I will definitely share our kind words with the staff and we hope to see you again soon!
Southeast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We chose this motel in order to be downtown in walking distance of sites we wanted to see. The location was good but the room had problems. Everything was fine the night we checked in but by morning there was a puddle in the doorway of the bathroom from a leak in the ceiling. My husband reported it to the front desk and was told it was probably just air conditioner condensation. (There was a crack in the ceiling and the water dripped constantly.) When we came back to the room later that day, nothing had been done and the puddle was deeper. We put a towel over the water but it began to spread out into the room, soaking the carpet. Whenever we entered the bathroom we had to step over the puddle (hard to do if you get up in the dark). We checked out the next day and I reported it once again to the front desk. Again, it was suggested it was condensation.
There are also a very limited number of electrical outlets in the room and if I used the ones in the lamps I had to make sure we didn't turn the lamps off with the wall switch.
Could never get wifi to work in the room. Asked for help at the desk and was told "my phone doesn't pick up well either" (I had an iPad). I think my problem was I had received the wrong code but wasn't offered the right one.
Breakfast was just OK - waffles were the best part.
We weren't offered any maps, coupons, etc. that have been mentioned in other reviews.
As far as location, there were other motels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I apologize for the leaks and internet and will use you comments to improve our service.
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The manager had a complimentary weekday social hour, with beer and wine and a light meal. The location is pretty good, about a block or so away from the Trax light rail line on Main Street.

The room was clean, but the carpet, bedding, and curtains were all a bit old. The beds were comfortable.

Overall, this is an average place. The lobby appears to have been updated, but the rest of the hotel is older and a bit run down. I chose here because there was a large convention in town and many other places were not available. If you are traveling to SLC, find out when the Outdoor Retailers Association convention is (I think twice a year) and come another time. I would probably choose another hotel the next time I visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a floor higher than street level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with ua and for taking the time to comment on our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed our social. Though we are not a new hotel my staff works very hard to keep the property clean and maintained. Additionally, we have some room feature upgrades planned for the end of theis year to in=mprove your experience. I hope you will stay with us again.
Ogallala, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I work front desk at a hotel, and I was so impressed with this Comfort Inn and their staff! I arrived early and Grace was so nice and got us into a room without any problem. She was so helpful, as we had never visited the area. Grace gave us maps and coupons to use. The place was very clean, and the breakfast was awesome. I just wanted to acknowllege what a wonderful job she did!! I would defenitly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your kind words. I have passed them on tho Grace and I look forward to your next visit.
Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The 2.5 day stay began 7/26/13, when a family member was admitted to a nearby hospital. After being up 28 hours, I arrived at this hospital in an extremely exhausted state at about 9:00 AM. I inquired about an early checking with a 1-2 night stay. The desk clerk was EXTREMELY helpful, understanding, and cordial. She placed me in a far away room to allow for rest and quiet while maintenance & housekeeping worked through the day. The room was very nice, Clean, well maintained, QUIET, and comfortable. The morning breakfast was nicely prepared and offered a great variety of choices. The bed and pillows were super comfortable.

I'd recommend this pet-friendly property without hesitation with hopes that you, too, will enjoy the same great service, welcoming attitude, and pleasant stay that I was allowed to have. GREAT JOB TO ALL AT COMFORT INN DOWNTOWN - SLC.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
It was great to read your compliments.and I have passed them on to my staff. Thank you for taking the time to post them and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!