“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Idaho
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a "park and fly" deal. We found the hotel to be very nice. Check in went smoothly. Our room was clean and nice. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was adequate. They drove us to the airport and picked us up at the airport on our return to SLC. The only thing that I think could of been better was the pick up at the airport. We had to wait for a little over 35 minutes to get picked up and the hotel is only 8 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Overall basic room. Terrible breakfast. Disorganized and not enough staff to handle basic food refill and clean plates and silverware. Hotel areas overflowing with trash. Elevators extremely dirty day after day same food on floor. Staff un knowledgeable about check out procedures. We had prepaid with on Hyatt website and they insisted we hadn't paid. We paid again because of time constraints airplane leaving so now we have to call and get that refunded. Noisy with lots of children on our floor even though we asked for quiet area. Paper thin walls. Awkward lighting in restroom and vanity area. Not a typical hyatt experience as we are elite gold hyatt members and used to the best of Hyatt.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stay at this hotel every 6 weeks. The suites are very nice. This is an airport hotel so the important points are CLEAN, good mattress, quiet, quick check-in, quick check-out, good food in morning and evening, reliable internet, and plenty of parking.

The staff is quite warm and welcoming. They welcome me back and ask where in the hotel I want to stay. During my first visit 2 years ago, night security was utterly awful to me. At that time they were outsourced. No idea what arrangement is now. However, since then I have had much better experiences and the hotel did apologize for the original treatment and offer free night.

There is no covered parking so winter can be a challenge if you are not used to driving in snow. Summer is no problem.

There is always plenty of food at breakfast. None of it is amazing but there is a good choice of hot, cold, healthy and sweets. Coffee quality could use some improvement but they offer real cream not powder which is much appreciated! Also lots of tea choices - thank you!

The bar/cafe area at night is popular and people hang out fairly late. You have to buy food to get a glass of wine. It has to do with local laws, not the Hyatt. It used to be that you only had to buy a $1.50 basket of chips. Now the food options are all more expensive.

All in all, this hotel is a good value and a reliable quality choice. I plan to continue staying here regularly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

On a freezing day after a full business day the prospect of a night in an airport hotel followed by an early flight rarely makes you smile.

Firstly this hotel is a good ,warm comfortable airport hotel...breakfast good, bar good , rooms clean, bed great.

Here is the best bit, the staff really try hard ...the reception girl, the bar man and every staff member I met were great , the bar especially really was run by people that give a damn. A bunch of pretty whacked customers from around the world had a great night on the back of great service and great fun from the staff...shuttle service great , cant fault it...thanks guys

Room Tip: there are no views of great beaches or sweeping savannas from the rooms of course but my standard r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My stay at the Hyatt SLC Airport Hotel was beyond expectations. It was a perfect location for my friends and I to stay and enjoy our vacation. We came in Thursday morning and the hotel already had our room ready so that we could check in, drop off our gear, and then hit the slopes in Park City within 45 minutes. The rooms were SO comfortable for multiple guys to stay in. The breakfast bar was by far the best complimentary bar I've ever had, and the staff was so accommodating with every question or concern.

Thank you for the amazing stay, and when we come back to SLC we'll be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am a very frequent traveler, and I have not had an arrival experience as bad as this one in several years.

We arrived at Salt Lake City airport relatively late after a flight from New York; our arrival at the hotel was around 11:30p. To the hotel's credit, the shuttle arrived relatively quickly.

The check-in clerk appeared panicked upon seeing my name, reservation; she quickly summoned her co-worker and said "did you give away the last king room?"; my reservation was for a king room. I was asked "do you mind staying in a room with a tub?"--I replied that was fine, so long as the tub had a shower. I was assured it did. These shenanigans (whispering with co-worker, pressing lots of computer keys, etc.) took about 10 minutes.

We went upstairs. Turns out, we were assigned a handicapped room with a bed at near-floor level. Despite me asking if there was a shower, there was not--it was a tub with a sprayer so low you couldn't possible stand under it. I called the front desk and explained that we would need a room with a shower and that a room with two queen beds was just fine. We were asked to return to the desk.

So, return to the desk we did. We were given keys for a new room. We took the elevators up to that room and opened the door...to find the room occupied!, with suitcases in the living room and a computer on the bed. We had to call from this room to explain it was occupied; the staff member said, "really?" and then said "Ummmm...I'll send someone up."

We then stood in the hallway for about 10 minutes until another staff member came up with a key for yet another room on yet another floor. (Despite having asked for two keys for the rooms so far, only one key was delivered.) The staff member offered no explanation, saying instead, "look, I'm just night security and they said it was a system issue." Um, okay.

This staff member then walked down the hallway, offering no assistance with our luggage (which we'd already moved twice). He then took the first available elevator downstairs, leaving us to wait for the next elevator to our new floor. Fantastic service there--really left a feeling that this hotel cared about its guests.

The new room was, at least, not occupied...but it smelled so strongly of harsh cleaning product that my nose started running and eyes started itching. It was a standard Hyatt Place room, but had horribly harsh fluorescent lighting by the sink and a bathroom light so dim you were practically showering in the dark. You could not turn on/off the lights next to the bed without getting out of bed and going back to the door of the room and using the main switch.

Service in the morning was equally awful. The woman working breakfast was surly and unpleasant and could not be bothered to say good morning to anyone. When she was notified that coffee was running low (it is, after all, her job to fill it up), she acted irritated.

When I attempted to check-out, the same rude breakfast host said "you booked through a third party and they will send you a bill." Well, not true--I booked the room through hyatt.com using points. The portfolio she was looking at on the computer showed that my card would be billed, so I asked her how much I would be billed. She then claimed this information was "confidential" because "you booked through a third party." I asked to speak with someone else; this person came over and explained in about 3 seconds, "oh, you booked using points, and we transfer that balance to a Hyatt account" and produced a $0.00 receipt. Turns out the information was not so "confidential" and that I hadn't "booked through a third party." Maybe that's explained by lack of training--the clerk's poor attitude and surly service isn't explained by anything.

I won't return, and you shouldn't try this place out. I've stayed at a few properties around the SLC airport and this is, by far, the worst, in terms of the quality of service (atrocious...I mean, checking people in and out is running-a-hotel 101...) and accommodation. NOT what I expect of the Hyatt Place brand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Location. Location. Location. This hotel has it, but it offers a lot more than just a great location. It's close proximity to the airport allowed me to return my rental car one day early and the hotel's curtesy van pick me up, thus saving a day's rental. I arrived in the evening but was able to get a great salad There is also a great bar should you enjoy a nightcap. The breakfast bar was great. A very good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Aireann L, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I wanted to personally thank you for the amazing 5 Star review you gave to our guests and future travelers. Thank you so much for the nice words as, I am sure you know, this helps undecided potential guests to book with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel again. It would be our pleasure to host you again.
At your service,
Aireann

Been to Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!