“Better experience on second visit” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Wongs Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,226 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 200 West
Transit: We are located Downtown nearby many Train and Bus routes.
“Better experience on second visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went back to j. Wongs after a mediocre experience and were pleasantly surprised that The food quality was much better. I ordered the string bean chicken with black bean sauce and my wife ordered the panang salmon. Both were served hot this time and very good - however service was still an afterthought.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Taylors, South Carolina
“Relaxing with wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

As a solo diner I also wonder how the service will be. It was fantastic for me, for a table of two, a table of four and a table of eight! So attentive. I had lettuce wraps which were very good, cheese wontons and one of the specials -- flash fried giant prawns with garlic and ginger. It was delicious!

Visited June 2013
Ellaville, Georgia, United States
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We got in late and we weren't dress fancy yet they served us with a smile anyways. Such a nice place! Great atmosphere and wonderful food! Served family style so we had soooo much food; next time we will only get one plate and share. My hubby got a Flame Mignon steak that was phenomenal! He had lime on the side of the plate and he squeezed it all over it and it was the best Flame Mignon I have ever had!! Completely Amazing!! The cream cheese rangoons, fried rice, egg roll, and the mushroom soup was good. It is pretty spendy for amount of food though it was delicious! The only thing I think that was ridiculous was we had to order fried rice because they would opt out for white steamed rice.

Visited May 2013
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

It is a restaurant with great food and very pleasant environment. Everyone in my group was very happy with the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wicked Good!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were only in Salt Lake City for one night before traveling back to Boston. We asked our hotel to recommend an Asian restaurant. My husband had the prawns and I had the chicken cashew. Both were delicious. The owner Jordan took the time to come yo our table and offered suggestions. The waiter was very pleasant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food