“Road Trip Stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Road Trip Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

After traveling all the way to PA we were only one state away from our destination. Hyatt Place offered a great place to stay at a good price and friendly customer service! Once waking up in the morning we saw how beautiful the mountains were behind the hotel! Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Flat Rock, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Good location to the airport (8 miles). Located in downtown area. Walking distance to the Mall that is located within one block with dining options as well as shopping. Hotel is clean and the hotel staff are very accomodating. The tv in the room is a real pain... All three of my traveling companions had the same issues with their tv. The tv takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 to set up and start showing channels. No microwaves in room. There is a coffee maker and under counter refrigerator. Breakfast is always good. Cafe is great for dining in options as well.
Located right in front of Energy Solutions Arena and the Gateway mall. Great location for checking out Salt Lake City and seeing an event at the Arena.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Located right by Energy Solutions Arena and plenty of great restaurants/shopping at the Gateway. Close freeway access and 7 top ski resorts are within 45 minutes drive. Staff are super friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great stay. Rooms are clean and spacious with nice modern furniture. We love this place and go back every year for our annual ski trip to SLC!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked this hotel through hotel.com, paid in full for a King bed room. When I checked in at 7 pm, the staff at the counter told me that all king rooms were sold out. I showed her the voucher and said that it was not what I booked for. She said she could give me a room with two queen beds. I was puzzled and asked,"But I paid in full for a king room". She said,"but all the king rooms were sold out. I could give you a queen room with two beds". Then, she stared at me silently with a "take it or leave" attitude. Yes, I know there was nothing she could do if she sold my king room to another customer for whatever reason. She, however, could have apologized for the mistake of the hotel or said something nice to comfort me. I have stayed in over 100 hotels in my life. This was the rudest customer representative I have ever encountered. I have also stayed in the Hyatt Place Hotel in three other major U.S. cities; I have never had such a bad experience.

So I got my queen room reluctantly. When I opened the door, there was a strong smell of some herbal air freshener. My friend coughed for seconds right away. Then we picked up the coffee maker, and it was full of stains (photo attached). The bed was noisy -- even when climbing onto the bed, we could hear the noise of the springs in the mattress and the noise of the springbox. Later in the night, we heard the headboard of the room next door hitting against the wall for like 20 minutes. Yes, the room was spacious and looked clean. But really, the devil was in the details.

The breakfast had a good variety of food choices, which was very good. Location wise, it was located right next to a plaza and about 15-minute walk from the major shopping mall, the City Creek Center. However, I would not return because of its breakfast and location, given this poor experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Me and a couple of girlfriends stayed there for a girls birthday weekend. One of my friends mentioned why we were there and that it was one of our birthday that day. The lady at the desk said she would be back and returned with some yummy cheesecake! Complimentary! The breakfast was good. We were always met with a smile and them asking if they could help us. The beds were very comfortable. The maids did come in and clean our room and took all the towels and didn't restock so we had to call the front desk and ask for more. Overall it was an excellent experience and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Brady and Greg at the front desk checked me in early after a long drive. The room was huge with granite counters even in the desk area. Greg explained all the standard rooms were the same size which impressed me. There's a sectional with ottoman that can convert to a sofa bed. Spacious lounging in that area.
Breakfast was the usual better than continental but not over the top. However, I did eat in their restaurant and loved the mushroom soup. You can also purchase lattes with Starbucks coffee. There's a bakery counter and Brady popped fresh gooey chocolate chip cookies into it while I ate.
The light rail is very convenient and I used it to meet my friend at the airport. Cheap and efficient. There's also numerous restaurants within walking distance but I would suggest the TRAX rail a few stops to the fabulous area on Main Street.
There's parking on premises so leave your car and enjoy a clean, well organized city visit.
One last thing, Brady and Greg remembered my name and greeted me that way. Customer service goes a long way and I appreciated their attention to detail.

Room Tip: I had a view of downtown which was still quiet. The windows are excellent to keep out traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laguna Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am enjoying this hotel SO much I'm writing my review while still here (so I actually get it done). As with all Hyatt's, this hotel feels fresh and clean and has trendy decor. The room is like a suite with a seperate sitting area, refrigerator, workspace. Super nice for business traverlers. Haven't been to the Gateway mall yet but it's just a few blocks away, as well as Temple Square. But here's what prompted me to review...the personal service is incredible. The staff is so friendly! Everyone greets you with a smile, front desk helped me navagate through the city with added tips on places to see and eat. Best of all...I was in a crunch and needed a small gift to bring a client. I decided to purchase some of their cookies as my gift. Staff members Greg and Sana came to the rescue! Greg quickly prepared a fresh batch of cookies and Sana packaged them up for me with colored tissue paper! OK...now that is what I call going above and beyond. Thank you Greg and Sana! On my next trip to Salt Lake...there's no other place I'd stay than HERE!

Room Tip: I was up on 6th floor. Pretty views and super quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!