“Would definitely stay there again!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Would definitely stay there again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and a couple of girlfriends stayed there for a girls birthday weekend. One of my friends mentioned why we were there and that it was one of our birthday that day. The lady at the desk said she would be back and returned with some yummy cheesecake! Complimentary! The breakfast was good. We were always met with a smile and them asking if they could help us. The beds were very comfortable. The maids did come in and clean our room and took all the towels and didn't restock so we had to call the front desk and ask for more. Overall it was an excellent experience and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Brady and Greg at the front desk checked me in early after a long drive. The room was huge with granite counters even in the desk area. Greg explained all the standard rooms were the same size which impressed me. There's a sectional with ottoman that can convert to a sofa bed. Spacious lounging in that area.
Breakfast was the usual better than continental but not over the top. However, I did eat in their restaurant and loved the mushroom soup. You can also purchase lattes with Starbucks coffee. There's a bakery counter and Brady popped fresh gooey chocolate chip cookies into it while I ate.
The light rail is very convenient and I used it to meet my friend at the airport. Cheap and efficient. There's also numerous restaurants within walking distance but I would suggest the TRAX rail a few stops to the fabulous area on Main Street.
There's parking on premises so leave your car and enjoy a clean, well organized city visit.
One last thing, Brady and Greg remembered my name and greeted me that way. Customer service goes a long way and I appreciated their attention to detail.

Room Tip: I had a view of downtown which was still quiet. The windows are excellent to keep out traffic.
Laguna Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am enjoying this hotel SO much I'm writing my review while still here (so I actually get it done). As with all Hyatt's, this hotel feels fresh and clean and has trendy decor. The room is like a suite with a seperate sitting area, refrigerator, workspace. Super nice for business traverlers. Haven't been to the Gateway mall yet but it's just a few blocks away, as well as Temple Square. But here's what prompted me to review...the personal service is incredible. The staff is so friendly! Everyone greets you with a smile, front desk helped me navagate through the city with added tips on places to see and eat. Best of all...I was in a crunch and needed a small gift to bring a client. I decided to purchase some of their cookies as my gift. Staff members Greg and Sana came to the rescue! Greg quickly prepared a fresh batch of cookies and Sana packaged them up for me with colored tissue paper! OK...now that is what I call going above and beyond. Thank you Greg and Sana! On my next trip to Salt Lake...there's no other place I'd stay than HERE!

Room Tip: I was up on 6th floor. Pretty views and super quiet!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our first time visiting Salt Lake City and the Hyatt Place was in the perfect location for us. The sprawling open-air Gateway Shopping Centre is across the road, and the shops are open until 9pm Mon-Sat. There is a variety of casual restaurants there too. Temple Square and the Convention centre are a 10-15 minute walk away, or you can ride the Trax light-rail for a couple of stops (free fare zone).
Pros - large modern room with separate seating area, nice bathroom and toiletries, very clean, fast wifi, included breakfast with selection of hot and cold items, secure self-parking.
Cons - some noise from street traffic and light-rail turning the corner (we were on the fourth flloor), $10 parking charge, pancakes and donuts at breakfast were a bit dry.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Selected this property due to its location at one end of the Gateway open air mall. The property is in excellent condition and the staff was excellent. The rooms are well laid out with a comfortable seating area, separate desk/work area and sleeping area separated from the seating area by a partial wall. While small the space if very efficient and comfortable. I enjoyed the large walk in shower. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. When I returned from dinner the first evening and asked about coffee they made me a complimentary fresh Starbucks as they did again on my 4:30 AM departure. Complimentary breakfast offered some good choices for every taste although I would like to have seen more hot food options. The location allows you to walk comfortably to the shops and restaurants in The Gateway and the Energy Solutions Arena home to the NBA Jazz is just across the street. This is by far the nicest limited service hotel I've stayed in while downtown and had the best price during my time frame.

Southern New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here the Labor day weekend, we had a great stay. The room was more like a suite than just a hotel room, The breakfast was good with hot and cold items. The only down side of breakfast is the coffee station. Why do all hotels have such small coffee stations? it is the busiest part of any breakfast area, but the are always cramped for space and people are alway lining up. It is like whom ever engineered this thing doesn't drink coffee. Other than that this is a great place to stay, great beds and great location. The BAR as they refer to it is like 4 stools and a small counter, with 6 different beers and limited liquor selection, so if you like to drink other than the basics, you can walk down to a different watering hole down the street. There is a $10 parking fee. The lot does get a little cramped as the night goes on. There was no place to park after coming in later at night. I was able to use the hanicapped parking because my elderly in-laws have a tag that they carry with them. Other than that I do not know where I would have parked that night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Overall a great hotel. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly and competent staff, and free breakfast in the morning. I didn't like having to pay $10 a day for parking. The lot is a secure lot that can only be entered with a room key, but $10 a day is rather steep.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a nice separation of the sleep and sitting areas.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!