“Great stay, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Southern New Hampshire
“Great stay, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here the Labor day weekend, we had a great stay. The room was more like a suite than just a hotel room, The breakfast was good with hot and cold items. The only down side of breakfast is the coffee station. Why do all hotels have such small coffee stations? it is the busiest part of any breakfast area, but the are always cramped for space and people are alway lining up. It is like whom ever engineered this thing doesn't drink coffee. Other than that this is a great place to stay, great beds and great location. The BAR as they refer to it is like 4 stools and a small counter, with 6 different beers and limited liquor selection, so if you like to drink other than the basics, you can walk down to a different watering hole down the street. There is a $10 parking fee. The lot does get a little cramped as the night goes on. There was no place to park after coming in later at night. I was able to use the hanicapped parking because my elderly in-laws have a tag that they carry with them. Other than that I do not know where I would have parked that night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Overall a great hotel. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly and competent staff, and free breakfast in the morning. I didn't like having to pay $10 a day for parking. The lot is a secure lot that can only be entered with a room key, but $10 a day is rather steep.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a nice separation of the sleep and sitting areas.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Park City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I just stayed in the hotel over Labor Day weekend for one night. I was really impressed.

The location is awesome...you can walk to almost anything...restaurants, shopping, movie theaters, Energy Solutions Arena, bars, etc. It is also very easily accessed from the freeway.

The rooms were really well-designed and spacious. I enjoyed the open floor plan, the built-in desk and the swivel TV.

Breakfast was fast and convenient. I enjoyed the different options.

I tried to use the electronic check-out kiosk, but it wasn't working properly. The front desk checked me out just fine, though.

I also wasn't too stoked about parking fees, but the room rate was so affordable that it was still the best deal.

I would recommend this property to anyone...I think you'll be very happy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

One night stop over. Beautiful room, really good breakfast, Nice pool area, Helpful friendly staff. No complaints whatsover . Short walk to attractions. Just a shame we couldn't make more use of it for a longer period. Would recommend to anyone, very good value for money.

Roy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm sure this is a really nice hotel, but sadly, we didn't get to find out... I was in the middle of booking a room for our family vacation, when I noticed a small "Know before you go" section. It said there is a $10 per day parking fee. That was a deal-breaker for us. Here in Utah, most hotels (and businesses) offer free parking, so we'd rather save that money and look elsewhere. I'm sad they have this policy, as we were excited about staying here. I just wanted to let others know, since I didn't see the parking fee policy anywhere else on the hotel's website.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

15 minutes walk to Temple Square and one block to public transportation. Friendly staff, clean and spacious room, much better than average breakfast... all of that for a very reasonable price. No doubt an excellent choice in Salt Lake City.

Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

So this is not a review of the hotel itself (as we did not end up staying there) but a cautionary tail about Hyatt's reservation policy. I reserved a two queen bed suite (i thought). I called the hotel directly and spoke to the front desk staff when I made the reservation to confirm that they had a two queen bed suite and to ensure that one would be available for us (there were three os us staying in the room). We arrive at the hotel (grandpa, me and a five year old) only to be told " We have no two queen bed suites". When I showed him my reservation (stating "Two queen bed suite" on it) I was told that, due to a convention they could not guarantee the type of room. What?! Didn't say that on the website plus I'd gone the additional step of calling the front desk. Wouldn't that have been the time to tell me of this "policy"!?

Staff was "kind" enough to call and find a hotel that had a two bed suite and pool plus gave me a "few thousand hyatt points" (although I'm not sure why I'd stay with Hyatt again if they can't guarantee me the type of room I reserved) but that's the least I'd expect in this situation.

So beware when you make your reservation you might not get what you reserved.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!