“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

One night stop over. Beautiful room, really good breakfast, Nice pool area, Helpful friendly staff. No complaints whatsover . Short walk to attractions. Just a shame we couldn't make more use of it for a longer period. Would recommend to anyone, very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Roy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm sure this is a really nice hotel, but sadly, we didn't get to find out... I was in the middle of booking a room for our family vacation, when I noticed a small "Know before you go" section. It said there is a $10 per day parking fee. That was a deal-breaker for us. Here in Utah, most hotels (and businesses) offer free parking, so we'd rather save that money and look elsewhere. I'm sad they have this policy, as we were excited about staying here. I just wanted to let others know, since I didn't see the parking fee policy anywhere else on the hotel's website.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

15 minutes walk to Temple Square and one block to public transportation. Friendly staff, clean and spacious room, much better than average breakfast... all of that for a very reasonable price. No doubt an excellent choice in Salt Lake City.

Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

So this is not a review of the hotel itself (as we did not end up staying there) but a cautionary tail about Hyatt's reservation policy. I reserved a two queen bed suite (i thought). I called the hotel directly and spoke to the front desk staff when I made the reservation to confirm that they had a two queen bed suite and to ensure that one would be available for us (there were three os us staying in the room). We arrive at the hotel (grandpa, me and a five year old) only to be told " We have no two queen bed suites". When I showed him my reservation (stating "Two queen bed suite" on it) I was told that, due to a convention they could not guarantee the type of room. What?! Didn't say that on the website plus I'd gone the additional step of calling the front desk. Wouldn't that have been the time to tell me of this "policy"!?

Staff was "kind" enough to call and find a hotel that had a two bed suite and pool plus gave me a "few thousand hyatt points" (although I'm not sure why I'd stay with Hyatt again if they can't guarantee me the type of room I reserved) but that's the least I'd expect in this situation.

So beware when you make your reservation you might not get what you reserved.

Tacoma, Washington, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was visiting for business purposes and was given a very spacious room on the 6th floor. I wish that I could remember the name of the front desk person but he was very helpful and accommodating. He gave us a map of downtown Salt Lake City and was able to walk to an outside mall area behind the convention center. Great room and great location.

Room Tip: Always ask for a top floor room facing away from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here back in May as part of a road trip through America. This hotel is amazing - ideal location, nice rooms, clean, etc etc.

But the part where they truly excelled was with customer service. The guys went out of their way to tell me about the hot spots in the city, and also spent good time telling me about the religions and cultures of the area. It really made my trip much better!!!

I assure you, you will not be disappointed. I can not recommend this highly enough!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Big Piney, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Everything - from the staff to the workout facility to the location to the quality of the rooms was fantastic. Looks like a brand new facility! Breakfast was one of the best I've had in comparable hotels. Location is great - we parked and walked or took Trax wherever we wanted to go. Loved that it's right at the Gateway, too. Only downside was that our TV remote didn't work but that was fine - we weren't in our room much anyway. (LOVED the seating area/pullout bed!). We'll be back - next time with the kids!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hyatt Place Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!