“Best Business hotel in town” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Calgary
“Best Business hotel in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hyatt, has a hot breakfast, spacious room, big screen flat TV's.
Service is great, and a great gym also. The pool should be indoors in such a cold place, but everything else is great. Staff is helpful, and always ready to help.
Bed very comfortable, and the room is a really nice suite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

From the first step this hotel felt right. The front desk staff were terrific and very helpful. We were early but they had us checked in before normal checking time. Location was great close to the light rail so helped with the kids walking around. The room was spacious for the five of us. Beds very comfortable..helped get over our jet lag from Australia. The breakfast was great. Plenty variety to suit all of us. Highly recommend to any one.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night in this hotel and found it to be a very nice experience. One of the reasons why Hyatt is my favorite hotel brand is primarily due to the nice accomodations all of its hotels aim to provide. This one was no different...the hotel looked relatively new or at least recently refurbished, the accomodations were roomy as per the normal Hyatt standard, and the location was excellent, that is, very well positioned to take advantage of most of the amenities located in downtown Salt Lake City. For example, the Gateway, one of Salt Lake City's best mall and entertainment complexes is a leisurely 10 minute or so stroll down the road. If you feel like walking further, Temple Square is also accessible. However, the best thing about the hotel was the price, $79 for the night, taxes included. In closing, I would stay in this hotel again without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here when we were in SLC on business. The Hyatt has worked to makeover the hotel experience it seems. For the most part, the changes were good, but a bit "yuppie" perhaps (Gallery Host rather than Front Desk Clerk, etc...). The room was clean, beds were comfortable. The furniture left something to be desired (ripped couch and old fabric) and the whole decor could use some upkeep. The breakfast in the morning was very good for a hotel breakfast. Very close to the Gateway Mall which has good shopping and restaurants. Overall, except for some room decor, it was a good stay. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I hate to write a bad review, because the front desk staff was so nice, but I was SO disappointed in my stay. The hotel itself was fine--decent lobby, okay rooms (though the furniture was a bit worn). But the housekeeping staff completely ruined the experience. They were the worst of any hotel I've stayed at, ever. Appalling. To start with, my room wasn't taken care of until 5PM every night of my stay--and I was there for five nights. So I'd come back from a long day of working and exploring to find that the cart was parked outside of my room.

That in itself wouldn't have been a big deal, but the quality of the housekeeping was so shoddy that it just added insult to injury. I went to make a cup of coffee one day and found that the cup that was in the one-cup maker was coated with white powder--creamer, I assume, from a previous guest. I used the other cup, and left it on the bedside table. When I came back, that night, I found that the housekeeping staff had simply moved the glass to another table and left it. The leaving of dirty cups happened several times during my stay. Another day, I came back to find that the housekeepers had not replaced the toilet paper--so I had to call down to the desk. Another day, they left the toilet plugged up with toilet paper--I could tell at a glance that it would overflow if I tried to use it or flush it. I had to call for someone to fix it.

It was an endless stream of small things that added up to a terrible stay. The housekeepers never tucked the sheets into the bed--they simply pulled the comforter over to make it look like it was made. When I pulled back the blankets, the sheets were hanging off the side of the bed, all wrinkled. Sloppy. The linens were not changed after three days, as stated on the little card. When I hung towels up to indicate that they shouldn't replace them, they replaced them. When I left them on the floor, they hung them from the shower door handle. Oh, and one day, one of the hand towels had a huge red spot on it--that was certainly not mine. Clean or not, that was disgusting. The light in the shower was burnt out, which the housekeepers clearly knew about, because they left the bathroom lights switched on every day. Oh, and the sinks weren't always cleaned.

The cheap iron in the room leaked some kind of disgusting white stuff all over my clothes when I tried to use it. The Internet was super slow. Half of the TV channels had no sound. The extra blanket in the room was dirty--it had some kind of crusty stuff on it. It was rolled up on a shelf and clearly hadn't been cleaned in a while.

I literally started keeping a list because the issues were so numerous. I got tired of calling the front desk, and eventually I was so disgusted that I just stopped. I mean, it's one thing to have one or two things go wrong, but this was just ridiculous. It really soured my time in SLC. I travel there frequently for work and stay at many of the downtown hotels, and this was the worst--very disappointing for the Hyatt brand. Also, when I emailed in a complaint, I got no response. Not only would I not recommend it to friends, I would actively discourage people from booking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a big conference in SLC. Pretty close like a few minutes walk and next to the mall for some shopping. This is a very clean hotel with great staff. Taxi to airport is around $15-20 ish.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

A large spacious room, quiet and convenient to transport. Great place to stay for a week attending a conference. Great staff with a causal atmosphere that made the stay easy - enough room to relax. Off street parking for $10/night, free wifi, gym and breakfast all enhanced stay.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!