“Good Ramen” 5 of 5 stars

67 West 100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Naked Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,227 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Transit: TRAX
Orlando, Fl.
“Good Ramen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on a cold afternoon for something warm. Had the Ramen noodle soup because of all the reviews I read. It was so good. This is going to be one of my must go to lunch places when I'm in town.

Visited February 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Maybe best sushi meal ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I like sushi, and our nephew loves it. He picked this restaurant and we were overwhelmed by the quality of the food. Fish absolutely fresh and prepared in unusual ways. We ate 5 different rolls which were better than I've ever had. Also tempura shrimp, eggplant and edamame were 5 star.

Visited February 2014
Alexandria, Ohio
“sushi bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The sushi was really good and fresh. I was upset because I didn't ask for anything else. I was sitting there enjoying my wine and talking with the people beside me. The chef gave the guys free samples, then he hands me another roll. I was shocked. I thought he was giving it to me for free as well. I didn't order it, I didn't ask for anything else. The look on my face was clearly surprised because he said "what you don't want it" and I didn't want to be rude but I was thrown off gaurd. Then I get my bill. I was traveling for business and I had a set budget. I was so surprised that at my bill. The additional roll was on my bill. It was more exspensive than my orginal order and I would not have ordered it. I was so upset when I confronted the chef about charging me for something I didn't order...he told me that the 2 guys beside me spent a lot more money than me and that is why they got free food. Which I understood, again I didn't ask for anything else. The chef said that he is sorry that he didn't communicate correctly but nothing else. Overall the food was good but I left with a bad taste in my mouth.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Had to be great to compensate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We came here based on the previous positive reviews and the food was great, especially the calamari which was the best fried calamari on the planet, IMHO :-). And I would easily rate this restaurant 5 stars except for the hosting and management. We were staying at the Hilton a few blocks away and called to see if at 8pm we needed a reservation. The hostess said no that will be perfect. So we walked down there and when he arrived the hostess said they got an unexpected party of 10 walk in and they were going to seat them first and we would have to wait. On top of that, they weren't all there so she had us wait until the whole party showed up to be seated. As we watched this group gather over the course of about 25 minutes, we sat looking at a half empty restaurant perplexed. Finally the large party was seated and we waited another 5 or so minutes and were still not seated. My frustration was pretty high at this point and I went over to the hostess who now told me we had one person ahead of us. I at this point let her know that I didn't feel we were treated fairly and she said well I had to seat a large party. I reminded her that we called for reservations and were told we didn't need them and this party didn't call ahead and we had to wait until they all arrived, at which point she reversed her comment from before and claimed they had called for reservations. Well we finally were seated and the waiter and food were great . But to add salt to the wounds the waiter apologized for the wait and said on a Sat night we should have made reservations and that they had to seat a party of 10 that did NOT make a reservation. Well long story but I hope management is reading this review and see a need to retrain their employees.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good food, bad service, overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had several problems, I will detail them. We went there for dinner. The problems related not to the food, which was good on the whole, but to service and charges.
1. We had reservations for 6:30 p.m. Arrived early. We were kept waiting for about 15 minutes, until I protested, then we were told they rearranged tables and they could sit us.
2.We were in the main room (the one where you enter) in the middle. They have no lights there so I found it impossible to read the menu without a flashlight.
3. I ordered a Japanese beer, Sapporo (they seem to have only foreign beers). After a long wait the waiter comes back saying, they are out of it. I asked for others, he came up with Asahi. I said OK. More wait, and he comes back with a huge (double bottle). I declined, saying I cannot possibly drink that. So I asked for a third Japanese alternative (forgot the name). I drank the beer with the meal, nothing special, and at the end of the meal I saw the charge for the beer, over $12. I protested, the waiter could not do anything, the manager came and gave me another concession regarding dessert. The problem was that the waiter never advised us about the size of the Asahi beer or the excessive charge for the third Japanese beer.
4, Food. The food served was very good, even though the beef tongue my wife had, was not good. I found the eggplant tempura I had very good, and tofu tempura good. However, my wife ordered octopus, which came on a tiny plate, with minuscule quantity.
5. Service. The waiter while nice on the surface, was not around watching over us and the service was very sloooow.

Bottom line: bad service, small plates, inadequate lighting. They have to shape up.

• Visited January 2014