“Light” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast

You added Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   140 North B Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84103   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
SF
“Light”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had a wonderful stay. We stayed in the Spring Room - so light and gentle; the bathroom was a delight and opened to a private roof deck.

Debbie, the innkeeper, was the perfect balance of service and giving us the space to be private and feel at home. There are 2 sitting areas - one right outside of the bedoom that afforded pleasant relaxing time in the eveing.

I thought it was the perfect location - walking distance to downtown, yet quietly residential with tree lined streets.

We loved it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We to Salt Lake City on business and we were looking for a change of pace. The Ellerbeck Mansion Historic B & B built in Victorian Era circa 1892 fit the bill. From the moment Debbie greeted us at the door our stay was perfect. My room the "Calm Seas" overlooked B Street in the historic district. The furnishings were comfortable and very clean. Breakfast included a fresh fruit dish which was wonderful. Downtown, Temple Square and the Family History Library are withing walking distance. There is free parking in the rear. This is also a great city park within walking distance called Memory Grove Park with a great jogging route up City Creek Canyon Road. - Ed and Joe

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

This lovely old home was delightful. I stayed for a week during a conference, and it was wonderful to get away from the convention center and the big box hotels, and pad into the sparkling kitchen to get myself a cup of (complimentary) tea in the evenings. It was a short walk to downtown through the lovely flowers and fountains of the Mormon Temple Square. I felt safe walking at night. The B&B was super-clean. I never saw a bug or a speck of dust. The innkeeper was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was delicious, and not so huge you felt like you were wasting half of it. I had the Summer Hill room which was charming. The rocking chair was so comfy! I can't say enough good things about this B&B. Do yourself a favor and stay here if you get the chance.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

after reading the last reviews I was really worried as I had not checked these before booking - when I got there I mentioned the bad reviews - the manager was sorry to hear about the reviews and really tried to make a good impression. We found the inn to be very clean - no problems there. It is a great location - walking distance to the main downtown and great restaurants. Breakfast was average at best - fruit was good. Manager was pleasant - better experience than I expected - I would stay there again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

The Ellerbeck was my first experience staying at a Bed & Breakfast. I absolutely LOVED it! I can't wait to go there again. I loved the decor. It has such an elegant, yet homey feel. The hostess was wonderful. She made sure we had everything we needed. Our room was VERY comfortable. The room was very clean and had such a cozy feel to it. The bed was so comfortable. The Ellerbeck is in such a perfect location. It is in easy walking distance to a number of local attractions. In the morning, we ate a wonderful breakfast that was brought right to our door...so I got Breakfast in Bed! The food was great and presented well. I have been telling my family and friends how wonderful this place is. My husband and I are planning to stay there for our next anniversary.

• Liked — The relaxing atmosphere
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richfield, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

Do Not stay at this bed and breakfast unless you want to take home a case of bed bugs! The entire home was filthy, dust every where. The breakfast was a joke and the inn keeper was not sociable.

The price was high!

Breakfast was served by a hostess in a dirty T-shirt and old sweatpants.

When we got home I woke up with bed bug bites all over my body.

Stay away from this place!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ellerbeck, Owner at Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
When I saw this review I can't tell you how disheartened I was. The reviewer must have been sadly mistaken or may have had an axe to grind. No verbal reports of bed or other bugs have ever been heard by myself or out Innkeeper. A very close inspection has yielded nothing of the sort. Rooms are cleaned and sanitized, and fresh clean linen is changed as soon as a guest checks out and regularly in between. We pride ourselves in having and maintaining the cleanest most well kept Inn possible. As bad luck would have it, this poor review came before any other reviews had been made of our property. When there was only 1 review and it was a terrible one, it's a real uphill battle to encourage guests to visit us so they can trust their own eyes and experience the real comfort, cleanliness, and tidiness that so many satisfied guests have enjoyed with us over the years. Please come see for yourself, read the hundreds of wonderful comments in our guest book, stay with us, and let us know if your stay at the Ellerbeck Mansion isn't one of the highlights of your trip!
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

The Ellerback has a good location but that is about all. The cleanliness was terrible. In the bathroom there was dust on the horizontal surfaces and a large fingernail clipping on the floor. The baseboard moldings were filthy in the room.

Breakfast was mediocre. The fruit course consisted entirely of some cut up melon, there was no fresh baked bread or pastry and the egg and cheese main course was served on a commercial croissant.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Ellerbeck, Owner at Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2009
Our meticulous innkeeper assures that all surfaces are dusted, rooms are cleaned, fresh linens are on the beds, and bathrooms are sanitized. In addition, deep steam cleaning of all surfaces is conducted on a regular, periodic basis. As the owner, I'm constantly personally inspecting the level of cleanliness and service that we pride ourselves in. This reviewer is, respectfully, nearly alone in his assessment. As can be confirmed, every contribution to Tripadvisor this reviewer has made on all listed properties has been a rating of Terrible. This anomaly stands out, as all of these properties have by and large an overwhelming rating of Excellent by other reviewers. We continue to provide the kind of service and hospitality that we ourselves would love to enjoy.

Been to Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!