“Avenues Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   140 North B Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84103   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City
“Avenues Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had an impromptu weekend getaway at the Ellerbeck Mansion B&B. We were welcomed right away. The room we stayed in (winter dreams) was very clean, large and beautifully decorated. Our bathroom was down the hall but robes were provided for us. The other rooms had on suites. The neighborhood is full of historical homes and mansions. We were given three great options for breakfast. There was so much food I couldn't finish it all.
I will definitely be returning to this wonderful B&B.

• Stayed May 2012

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We recently spent time at the Ellerbeck and I have to say that it was a big disappointment. While it was "o.k.", it lacked the charm and extras that one comes to expect when staying at a B&B. Honestly, there was nothing that set this place apart and I would have felt more pampered if I'd chosen a nice hotel for the same amount of money.

Aside from the antiques, the decor looked tired and dated, there just wasn't a freshness about it. The remodeled bathroom was nice, but would have benefited from a little TLC, the fixtures were clean, but the corners & moldings were dusty. Stains on the ceiling were unappealing as was the good sized hole in the ceiling.

Breakfast was served in a cramped room that that lacked any decor. It served it's purpose, but it was just blah. There was also a fair amount of clutter on the other surfaces in the room, papers and such. As for the breakfast - guests are given choices from an order form. The food was nothing special and nothing I couldn't go and purchase at my local Sam's Club or Costco. Disappointing because "Breakfast" is 1/2 the reason we like to stay at B&B's.

Now, in order to be fair, here are the things I liked. . .
The exterior is really beautiful
Beautiful stained glass window and staircase leading to the upstairs
Spacious bedrooms
It was quiet
Nice common area with a good selection of books
Guests have access to the kitchen until 10 p.m. and there was a good variety of snacks and beverages available to us

Overall, kind of a been there done that experience. I would not recommend

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mission Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Enjoyed our 3 nights stay. Comfortable beds and great house with plenty of places to sit and read and relax. Vey close to some good restaurants adn coffeshops. Loved The Wild Grape and the Pagoda (Japanese) restaurants nearby. Manager does great job!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
SF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had a wonderful stay. We stayed in the Spring Room - so light and gentle; the bathroom was a delight and opened to a private roof deck.

Debbie, the innkeeper, was the perfect balance of service and giving us the space to be private and feel at home. There are 2 sitting areas - one right outside of the bedoom that afforded pleasant relaxing time in the eveing.

I thought it was the perfect location - walking distance to downtown, yet quietly residential with tree lined streets.

We loved it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We to Salt Lake City on business and we were looking for a change of pace. The Ellerbeck Mansion Historic B & B built in Victorian Era circa 1892 fit the bill. From the moment Debbie greeted us at the door our stay was perfect. My room the "Calm Seas" overlooked B Street in the historic district. The furnishings were comfortable and very clean. Breakfast included a fresh fruit dish which was wonderful. Downtown, Temple Square and the Family History Library are withing walking distance. There is free parking in the rear. This is also a great city park within walking distance called Memory Grove Park with a great jogging route up City Creek Canyon Road. - Ed and Joe

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

This lovely old home was delightful. I stayed for a week during a conference, and it was wonderful to get away from the convention center and the big box hotels, and pad into the sparkling kitchen to get myself a cup of (complimentary) tea in the evenings. It was a short walk to downtown through the lovely flowers and fountains of the Mormon Temple Square. I felt safe walking at night. The B&B was super-clean. I never saw a bug or a speck of dust. The innkeeper was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was delicious, and not so huge you felt like you were wasting half of it. I had the Summer Hill room which was charming. The rocking chair was so comfy! I can't say enough good things about this B&B. Do yourself a favor and stay here if you get the chance.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

after reading the last reviews I was really worried as I had not checked these before booking - when I got there I mentioned the bad reviews - the manager was sorry to hear about the reviews and really tried to make a good impression. We found the inn to be very clean - no problems there. It is a great location - walking distance to the main downtown and great restaurants. Breakfast was average at best - fruit was good. Manager was pleasant - better experience than I expected - I would stay there again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!