“Great Stay Every Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Great Stay Every Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, great stay. The pool was small but nice. The breakfast was also very nice, everything from oatmeal and cold cereal to eggs and sausage or yogurt and fruit. I will definately stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jef F, Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Amy C,

Thanks for your review about our hotel! We certainly appreciate your return trip and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Missoula, MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

A new facility that is in great condition, very close to the airport. The color scheme is blue and green, which a bit odd. But, this is a clean, comfortable choice that offers a good, fresh breakfast buffet and fast shuttle pickup from the airport. The staff are friendly.

The rooms are big, as is typical for Suites, with separate sitting and sleeping areas. The toilet and bathroom are also separate and spotless, although not very large. The king-size bed is good, although the sheets are thin and there was a slight chemical odor. The facility is relatively quiet, although the walls are a bit thin. A good sized flatscreen TV.

There is no restaurant on-site, although rooms have microwaves and refrigerators.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jef F, Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Wombat18,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay. I do appreciate the feedback about linen and I have brought your comments to our Housekeeping Supervisor's attention. FInally, thank you for your mention about our staff! We have been working very hard to provide exceptional service and a friendly atmosphere and your words have gone far to encourage the team to keep striving.

Please let me know if you will be back in Salt Lake CIty!

Warmest regards,
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is my second stay here. I usually stay at the Marriott on State Street, which I love. I just didn't want to be bothered with getting a cab into town and I knew I wouldn't need food. After a particularly horrific Spring hill stay last week in El Paso I almost rebooked. This is a very nice airport hotel. Exceptionally clean, quite, cute retro rooms, nice staff and had written note on arrival. I do miss the lounge at the Marriott. But not $80 worth. Consider a stay here if you need to be near the airport. I even remember them showing extra attention to detail at the morning meal. We done!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jef F, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear RubyDo1956,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. I am glad you appreciated the design and personalized touch. We certainly do appreciate you as our guest and it is wonderful to hear that our efforts went noticed. Please let me know if you will be coming back through Salt Lake City so I can thank you in person.

Warmest regards,
Lake Tahoe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel has everything I need and want in a hotel at a medium price. Great quiet location near the Salt Lake Airport, an extremely nice room with an office desk, free Wi-Fi, couch, good king bed, a built-in rack for TWO suitcases (!) which I almost never find and an excellent breakfast buffet offering. I'm definitely going back on my next trip to/through Salt Lake City.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jef F, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Lake Tahoe Tom,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the wonderful review. I am sorry I missed you personally, but would certainly welcome an opportunity to thank you in person upon your next stay. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel and gave us such an enthusiastic review!
Looking forward to hosting you again

Jef
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Please read my profile for my biases.

I was doing some work in Idaho, and SLC was pretty much the closest/most convenient airport. In preparation for my flight home I decided to come in the night before so I wouldn't have to worry about making my morning flight, and this was one of the available Marriott properties available. I chose it pretty much based on price and the free breakfast.

I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised.

The room was large and rather modern in style. There was a small fridge in the entryway as well as separate rooms for the toilet and the shower (great if you share a room). I don't remember the Internet access being especially fast or slow. The free shuttle from the airport provided hassle free transfers.

There isn't a restaurant, but you can walk across the parking lot to the Hilton Garden Inn and the Grille there is pretty good. It's where a number of the hotel employees choose to eat. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall, I can't imagine the nearby Residence Inn or Courtyard would be a much nicer place to stay, so I'll probably choose the Springhill the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jef F, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Sortova,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review about our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed us and it sounds like you may stay with us again, so please reach out to me so I can meet you in person when you are in town next. Thanks again!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Although I waited an hour for the airport shuttle I am still giving this hotel a very good review since the delay was due to the absolute stupidity of a single individual (in this case the person at the front desk) and I don't think it is likely you will have the same experience. Let's start with the idiotic employee. It was a cold snowy night around 11PM, I called four times requesting a shuttle bus to pick me up. Each time I was told it would arrive in 15 minutes. I was waiting just inside of the exit doors with a clear view of the shuttles coming and going. I fnally decided to take a taxi. I heard someone shouting that the Springhill shuttle was there, but I did not see any shuttle with the Springhill name only a shuttle with the Hilton Garden Inn on the door, then I noticed in small print on the lower portion of the van (out of easy view) was also the Springhill name. The idiot at the hotel never told me to get into the HILTON Garden Inn van (I emphasize HILTON because Springhill is a Marriott brand). The people who got in the van with me, also made the same mistake for over an hour so I am not the only person confused by this.

In any case, once I got to the hotel, now after midnight and really PISSED OFF. I was pleasantly surprised by the nicely appointed, pleasant modern room. It has a small fridge, a microwave and coffee maker. A pleasant seating area with a nice sofa. It even has a separate toilet and sink plus a show and a second sink. Convenient for a couple getting going in the morning. Normally a bad start to a hotel has me giving the hotel a rating of 1 or 2, but I just cannot condemn this hotel because of one really dumb employee.

By the way, when I mentioned what happened to the employee (who was the one I spoke to four times on the phone) he simply said, yes... the van is very confusing to many people. Regrettably he was unable to make the connection that perhaps if it is confusing to many people he should point it out.

I do think the hotel should require employees to have an IQ of over 90.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jef F, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear likequietLA,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I sincerely apologize for what you experienced with our shuttle service and I can definitely appreciate your frustration. I have personally addressed this issue.

I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of the features and amenities of our hotel and invite you to reach out to me directly, should we have the opportunity to host you again in SLC!

Thanks again!
Soldotna, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We are from alaska and were skeptical about our car being safe because of the last review. There were about 30 cars in the front parking lot when we arrived. This place is surrounded by lots of hotels and right off the highway. I asked the front desk about the break ins a girl who had been working there for a year now said the couple that wrote that review never filed a police report and the story was not true. The couple was unhappy with the fact that they did not serve alcohol. Beds comfortable and rooms quite. The hotel looks brand new and very modern. Loved it!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Lexi526,

I am happy you enjoyed our hotel! I am curious what brought you all the way here from Alaska?
Please let me know if you will be out our way again!

Take care,

Jef

Been to Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!