“Fabulous Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Beaumont, Texas
“Fabulous Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This Springhill Suites Marriott was absolutely wonderful!! We were in Salt Lake City for only a weekend and really enjoyed it!! The entire experience was great!! The people at the front desk were very nice and accommodated us in any way they could!! The room was spacious, VERY clean and comfortable!! Absolutely loved the breakfast bar which had an ample selection of both hot and cold items and again, as with the entire place, was kept very clean!! The lady that took care of the breakfast area kept it up brilliantly and was friendly and greeted us each morning as she worked!! I seriously cannot think of anything negative whatsoever to say about this place!! Everyone there was so friendly and helpful and it really made the stay that much more enjoyable! Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RHemsley, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I will make sure that the breakfast attendant is recognized for her job well done. Thanks for the feedback.

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is the first time our entire family of four has stayed at this hotel. We had a very enjoyable stay. The room was very spacious and modern. The pool was a hit with our young boys. The breakfast was the same Marriott blah breakfast as all locations, nothing stood out as different/unique. Very clean and posh lobby. We did their park & fly package. When we got back home the shuttle was very quick to come pick us up and he even parked right behind our car and helped unload our bags near our vehicle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are happy to be your Park n' Fly location. Stay with us again next time you head out.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I worked for a client in SLC for over a year and a half. Stayed at most of the major chain hotels in SLC and I have to say, nothing beat the convenience and location of the Springhill Suites by the airport. The management was very friendly and never let me down when I had to make last minute requests - I suspect being a Platinum Premier Marriott member and a long time guest at the hotel helped, but even so they were incredibly accommodating on room availability during busy seasons. The guests here are mostly business travelers and tourists, foreign and domestic. I tend to keep to myself at the hotel and if the walls were just a little better insulated I would not have known that anyone else lived at the hotel for the majority of my stays - which is kind of the way I prefer things.

So anyways, this was and is a great place to stay. I think you will find that the rooms are bright, clean, and spacious for a Marriott of this tier and location. I wholeheartedly recommend this to business travelers and tourists alike.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces south. The Hilton behind the Springhill kind of blocks the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RHemsley, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I'm delighted that you were so happy with your stay. We value all of our guests, but our Platinum Premier guests are extra special to us. Please come see us again when you are back in town.
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very nice surprise for us, very clean and tidy place, excellent beds with a relaxing sleep after a long flight, just minutes from the airport. Rooms are large and well equipped. Just the breakfast might have been a little richer, but for the money very good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RHemsley, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you enjoy your United States trip, and if you are every back in Utah come back and see us again!
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This property is conveniently located in close proximity to the Salt Lake City Airport. It is closely surrounded by other hotel properties just off the highway and just a few miles outside Salt Lake City.

I booked at this property due to a very positive recent experience at another Springhill by Marriott location. I am also part of the Marriott Rewards program, and prefer to stay at their properties when possible.

Springhill Suites by Marriott features a wonderful, modern design aesthetic in all their properties. The room layout is spacious and practical, and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast is also offered in the lobby each morning and their is a nice indoor pool and workout facility. The problems I encountered at this property were largely due to poor communication among staff and lack of evident management.

On 2 of the 5 days I stayed at this hotel, there was no housekeeping service provided for my room. The first time this happened, I made sure to speak with the young woman at the front desk. She assured me that it was an oversight, and made note of it. The next day I went to breakfast at 8:00 am, and left the "do not disturb" sign on the door, as my son was still sleeping. When I returned from breakfast at 8:35 am, there was a note on my door that I had missed housekeeping services for the day. I took the note to the man who was now on duty at the front desk, gave it to him and explained that this was the second day without housekeeping service. Since it was a Sunday, I assumed we could stay in our room longer that 8:35 am and still get housekeeping. He assured me that he would send housekeeping back to clean our room and (like the young woman the day before) made note of it in the computer.

My son and I made sure to remove the "do not disturb" sign from the door, and left the hotel for the day a few hours later. On our way out, I made sure to speak directly to a housekeeper and let her know our room needed cleaning. I also stopped by the front desk again, and let the man on duty know we were headed out for the day, and to please have our room serviced. He assured me it would be.

We returned that evening to find that our room had never gotten cleaned, so I went to the front desk yet again. The young woman was back on duty. She was very nice and checked the computer notes and confirmed that yes, there were multiple requests to have our room cleaned, but nobody had acted on it. She did offer us some clean towels, and said she would let her manager know. I told her that in all my years staying at Marriott properties I had never experienced a situation like this. I requested (for the second time during my stay) to speak with management. She did note my request, but I never heard anything from management, and we checked out the next day.

Finally, I noticed a huge difference in how breakfasts are handled on weekdays versus weekends at this property. On weekdays, the buffet is kept clean and well stocked and the young lady who takes care of it greets each guest and is friendly. She also does a great job keeping the entire breakfast area neat and tidy.

Weekends are another story entirely. Nobody seems to be present or taking care of this area. Food and beverages run out and the buffet and tables are not wiped down.

What I have learned from this stay is that the quality of Springhill by Marriott seems to be dependent on the active involvement of the management at each property, and how responsive they are to their guests. This property offers a great value and convenience, but could use some improvement.

Room Tip: Second floor or higher due to noise level from parking lot and lobby area.
Green Features: Nice to know Marriott makes an effort to be environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
First of all, please let me apologize. Clearly during your stay there were several break downs in communication. What you experienced was not the way we do business. Please contact me directly to discuss. Again, I'm very sorry for the problems during your stay.
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed one night in order to be close to airport. Only a few minutes away, route clearly marked with signs. Room was excellent, plenty of room, very comfortable bed. Very friendly staff at checkin and extremely efficient. The cost was very economical for the size of room. Only negative, no restaurants very close. We arrived late and did not want to travel a long way for dinner. We opted for the Bistro at a neighboring hotel. It was like an overgrown Starbucks however food was not to bad. This location is very quiet and minimal traffic, if you have an early flight this is a great place, they do offer shuttle service to the airport.

Green Features: They are very environmentally sensitive. More so than any other we have stayed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad that you had a good experience at the Bistro. There are a few other restaurant choices nearby, but I wish we had more. You're right that being close the airport is a great reason to choose us.
Pocatello
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We left our car at the hotel while we drove a car from Utah to Virginia. Our return flight came in very late, we landed and call for the shuttle. The hotel decor is darling, an under the water theme. The rooms are huge and the restroom is split (toilet and sink in one room, shower and sink in the other.). Comfortable bed with a lot of pillows.

The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast,

Room Tip: The hotel is beyond the airport, headed to Reno. Follow the signs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
That sounds like a long drive! Thank you for choosing us to be part of your trip. We are glad that you liked the hotel.

Been to Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!