“Short stay - long value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shopping Package
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Jefferson, Maryland
“Short stay - long value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

After staying at a SHS in Houston near IAH, I was sold. I try to go to them whenever I travel. This was a short business trip, in and out, but the people were great (don't underestimate the power of a smile when greeting people). I had the occasion to stay at a competitor's inn near IAH because the government rates were all gone art the SHS and the grumpy "why are you bothering me" attitude was depressing and annoying. Thanks for the smiles, the pleasant greetings, the great room and great breakfast (vegan for me - meaning I wish you had soymilk for the raisin bran).

Green Features: I am always in favor of re-use of towels,etc. I actually request no service to the rooms when I am there because I'm just not that messy and always re-use towels
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RHemsley, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for the vegan suggestion. Let me see what we can do.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on the night on our late arrival and also the night before we left SLC. We chose this hotel for it proximity to the airport and the complimentary airport shuttle. This hotel is just 6 mins away from the airport by car. The free shuttle is very nice. When we arrived SLC from Yellowstone, we returned the rental car the night before flying back home and used the shuttle. The shuttle is available upon request. It was quick. After we called the hotel, we just waited for 10-15 mins before the shuttle picked us up. Taking about the hotel, it is very clean and nicely maintained like other hotels of the same brand (see my review on Springhill Suites Rexburg). It also has an unusual large (as compared to other similar hotels of same tier) flat screen TV. The complimentary internet is fast. The only thing I wish they can improve is the breakfast. There were not many choices. But, there was no problem to fill your stomach. We will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Green Features: I hope that they can stop using plastic plates/bowls/cutlery for serving breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RHemsley, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay!
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I needed a room late after being stuck at the airport. The price fit the bill. Shuttle driver was prompt and the check in process smoth. I even got a cute little snack pack with cookies and snack size candy bar (managers: weary travelers like this). The room was sweet. Very clean, up to date, with a sparse Euro flair. Separate toilet and shower, sink in with the toilet and with th shower. Nice living are and microwave fridge area. Bed was clean and comfy. I was there less than 12 hours but did get to have breakfast. As a healthy eater everything I needed was there, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, oatmeal, Greek yogurt (nice touch, Greek yogurt is awesome). They also had the other things, toast, pastries, eggs etc. Clean and spacious lobby. You guys are doing everything right. Only gripe was traffic noise was very prominent.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway. End rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad that you appreciated the new breakfast options that we have added. Hope to see you next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Springhill is set among a group of brand new airport hotels. Although this hotel was not new, it sets it self apart by its customer service and attention to detail. From the time I walk through the door to the time I was in my room took less than 6 min. The breakfast was organized in such a way the it managed to serve a lot of people without creating a line. The breakfast staff kept the area clean and kept the breakfast looking fresh with an enormous amount of people present. Kudos to the lady working the breakfast. The breakfast had peaches which sets itself apart from from the usual bananas, and oranges.
The rooms are based on a European style and very very nice for my family of 4. The toilet is in a different room than the shower which is really helpful when your trying to get ready for checkout.
The only improvements that I might suggest is that the vent in the toilet room needs to be improved, and with keeping with the philosophy of setting itself apart; just remove the tiny swimming pool, which you can swim with 3 strokes, and just put in a couple of jacuzzis. You know the pool is too small when the hotel is full of kids and no kids were in the pool. Jacuzzis would attract more adults to the pool area without having to invest in a bigger

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback. It does not go unheard.
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Really nice hotel near SLC airport. I especially like the layout of the room with a separate toilet and sink in a separate room from the shower and vanity. It meant we could both get ready at the same time. Breakfast buffet was ready by six AM and was fresh and very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your staying with us. I'm glad that you like the seperate bathroom configuration. Don't forget us next time you are in Salt Lake City!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at this property for a week while on business. The front desk person Kayla was very friendly and professional. Check in was quick and painless. The room was spacious and exceptionally clean. My office had shipped a box of materials to the hotel. The front desk called and offered to bring the box to my room. The breakfast was good and the staff there also were very friendly. Not the usual " have a nice day" but they actually asked if the stay was going well. The hotel is close to the airport and only about 5 mins to downtown. It is also very accessible to interstate 80. On my next visit to the area this is where I will stay and you should too. It is clear that management is very involved in the day to day operation.

Room Tip: My room faced the front towards interstate 80 and I heard no traffic
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting me know about Kayla. We will recognize her here for her good work.
Maple Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for almost a week for a convention. Having the separate working area really helped for pre-show prep. The staff was always friendly and helpful. A hidden gem: next door at the Hilton Garden Inn is a pretty decent restaurant if you don't feel like driving. The lobby smells a bit odd, but all in all, this was a nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We know that you have many choices.

Been to Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!