“Good for early flight out of SLC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Munroe Falls
“Good for early flight out of SLC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very close to airport. Be aware that they do not have their own shuttle, but do have free transportation. It is just not flexible. It is a private company that runs roughly every half-of-an hour. It is pretty easy, it was just a surprise to us. Room was more than adequate for one night. Small kitchen area with fridge and nicely remodeled room. Did I say how close to the airport?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Not a good experience at all... the only good thing was the location and free laundry.. the room was clean , and bed was comfortable..there was a kitchenette which was nice except range did not work.. but microwave and fridge was fine.. but the worst part of my stay was:
1. The front desk assigned my room to someone else even though they assigned to me. I was in bed, sleeping . someone came in my room as i slept in bed.. i was very frightened. I was alone and very scared when someone came in.
2. Front desk staff extremely rude, especially blonde hair girl with short hair hat i checked in with on august 10 around 3:00m very rude...
3. Very thin floors. i could hear person above me walking heavily all night.
I would not recommend this place at all.. stay somewhere else. This is an extended hotel, it can have a rough crowd.. I advise LaQuinta, thats pretty nice... i just wouldnt recommend this place. its one of the worst experiences ever.. in all of the countries and places i visited, this is one of the worst..

Room Tip: if you absoutely must stay here., ask for third floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Bavavia,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guest to stay. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to the conduct of our hotel staff, noise challenges and issues encountered during your stay. Your comments will help us improve our services and offer a great experience for our guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

when I have visitors to my company I recommend this hotel as I was invited to ture it during the grand opening in 1997. I recently stayed there after working until 11:00 at night and had to be back at 6:00 am. (yes same clothes but I always keep a tooth brush/paste and make up at work) It is still a great place to stay. I love the kitchen in each room and the popcorn hit the spot while trying to wind down and only a 3 minute drive if that from work. I am going to stay here again next time my hubby gives me any attitude! LOL.

Room Tip: if you do not want to eat out everynight buy some food first. This hotel is not really near anythin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Decent hotel, most Candlewoods are. Has everything you need for your stay. There is a short drive for dinner. Staff was friendly and check in and out was quick and easy. I would have not problem staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Adak C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is very nice to know that you found the staff friendly. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cleveland, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The room we stayed in would be perfect for a business trip. The kitchenette was not top of the line but functional, except that our kitchen sink did not work. The bathroom was clean and spacious. Excellent water pressure, though we were on the first floor. The bedroom was a nice size and the bed itself was comfortable but the pillows, while seeming fluffy flattened with even slight pressure. That was my only complaint, however. Overall, it was more than we needed for a one night stay, but it was comfortable and would suit anyone staying multiple days.

• Stayed May 2013
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have to admit I had my doubts.. I usually stay at major chains and this was the first time I have stayed at a Candlewood property. The lobby is more of a window counter and a quite small waiting area, however the rooms are great value. My room had a small kitchen and a huge office meeting style desk, which I absolutely loved, a queen bed in the "living room" and a queen in the separate bedroom and a decent bathroom. Without transport there doesn't seem to be too many options other than delivery, or hit the "store" downstairs. I wasn't too hungry so I hit the downstairs cupboard. There is quite a selection down there, from sandwiches to complete frozen meals. Each shelf has a price but nothing over $5, so I decided to go upscale and splash out with the $5 (Healthy choice beef something or other), which turned out to be pretty good.
This is a good choice - I hope they are all this good, I booked another one next week as a result.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best place to make a reservation. Very helpful and they work to get you the lowest possible
rate. This was different. The rooms have been updated and everything works to make you
a happy camper. Trying to get out of SLC in a snow storm is not easy. Traveling these
snowy roads, was a mess but having Candlewood Suites as my location, a smile came
to my face. I was happy and happy to get home.

Room Tip: If you need an airport location, then it's Candlewood Suites. A few miles from Downtown and ma...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport? Share your experiences!