“Close to my work for visitors” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
“Close to my work for visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

when I have visitors to my company I recommend this hotel as I was invited to ture it during the grand opening in 1997. I recently stayed there after working until 11:00 at night and had to be back at 6:00 am. (yes same clothes but I always keep a tooth brush/paste and make up at work) It is still a great place to stay. I love the kitchen in each room and the popcorn hit the spot while trying to wind down and only a 3 minute drive if that from work. I am going to stay here again next time my hubby gives me any attitude! LOL.

Room Tip: if you do not want to eat out everynight buy some food first. This hotel is not really near anythin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Decent hotel, most Candlewoods are. Has everything you need for your stay. There is a short drive for dinner. Staff was friendly and check in and out was quick and easy. I would have not problem staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Adak C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is very nice to know that you found the staff friendly. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cleveland, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The room we stayed in would be perfect for a business trip. The kitchenette was not top of the line but functional, except that our kitchen sink did not work. The bathroom was clean and spacious. Excellent water pressure, though we were on the first floor. The bedroom was a nice size and the bed itself was comfortable but the pillows, while seeming fluffy flattened with even slight pressure. That was my only complaint, however. Overall, it was more than we needed for a one night stay, but it was comfortable and would suit anyone staying multiple days.

• Stayed May 2013
Box Elder, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have to admit I had my doubts.. I usually stay at major chains and this was the first time I have stayed at a Candlewood property. The lobby is more of a window counter and a quite small waiting area, however the rooms are great value. My room had a small kitchen and a huge office meeting style desk, which I absolutely loved, a queen bed in the "living room" and a queen in the separate bedroom and a decent bathroom. Without transport there doesn't seem to be too many options other than delivery, or hit the "store" downstairs. I wasn't too hungry so I hit the downstairs cupboard. There is quite a selection down there, from sandwiches to complete frozen meals. Each shelf has a price but nothing over $5, so I decided to go upscale and splash out with the $5 (Healthy choice beef something or other), which turned out to be pretty good.
This is a good choice - I hope they are all this good, I booked another one next week as a result.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best place to make a reservation. Very helpful and they work to get you the lowest possible
rate. This was different. The rooms have been updated and everything works to make you
a happy camper. Trying to get out of SLC in a snow storm is not easy. Traveling these
snowy roads, was a mess but having Candlewood Suites as my location, a smile came
to my face. I was happy and happy to get home.

Room Tip: If you need an airport location, then it's Candlewood Suites. A few miles from Downtown and ma...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel is nicely remodeled. Great room layout for business traveler. Large desk work area. Doesn't have business center but the front desk was helpful with printing my needs. Traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah again and will stay with them again.

Room Tip: Longer term stay would stay in one bedroom suite over studio.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was a very comfortable hotel experience with friendly, competent staff. There is an excellent exercise room, a roomy laundry room and a small store where you can buy everything you need. The suite had a full kitchen with everything you need for an extended stay (I was there for 3.5 weeks).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport? Share your experiences!